iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm gettng LAZY!

Started by lyle niemi, December 11, 2013, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

I like winter but prefer to work with a chainsaw if less than 20 degrees rather than the mill.

Dave Shepard

Squeaky snow=more traction. :) Must be single digits, or colder? I like squeaky snow.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ladylake

nice and balmy here doday +12 and yes I finally got somer sawing done after -6 for a high.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

thecfarm

kelLOGg,you Southern guys have every right to complain of the snow and cold. You guys are not use to it and don't have the equipment to deal with it. That ice is bad no matter what state you live in. I will take snow anytime.I've been seeing it on the news. It's too bad for you guys. We are in a cold snap now. Was 8 here a little while ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rmack

we got 3 inches yesterday/last night. not enough to get excited about, but too much to ignore.

2hrs work each time it snows.  :)

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 12, 2013, 07:37:09 PM
I have squeaky snow today ;D.

I remember that. Unfortunately it hurts wherever your skin is exposed when it is like that. That cool, squeaky snow is very expensive. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

I like it. For me the challenges of winter are fun  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

bandmiller2

A snow storm is bearing down on us today they claim around 10" its tricky here along the coast.I've got more snow fighting equipment than folks to operate it.JD 420 with plow,Case 310 with snow bucket,420 crawler with dozer,Gravely with a plow or blower,and lastly an Arens blower I use for trails to the wood pile. Let it snow. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

We definately have squeaky snow here today, it was -10°F here at 6:00AM and now it's still -8°F.

We got a little snow yesterday, but not enough to get the snow blower out, just sweep the snow away from the doors!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lyle niemi

It finally stopped snowing for a little while, right now I have goat trails made with the backhoe to get around. Im gonna fire up the cat today and do some serious snow removal. Does anyone want to buy some snow piles.... Im selling them cheap, I can garrantee there is no yellow in this batch..lol

mesquite buckeye

It was so cold yesterday that I couldn't work in a T shirt until 11am. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Stephen1

130cm(45"+) at my cabin and -25 c. Thats when you find out your battery sucks.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Don_Papenburg

HEY  Frank , Are those 420s the twobangers from the 50s?  I have one with a loader .  Used to have an MC with dozer blade .  It would go over snow drifts if the blade was up or through them if it was down . That one was fun to play in the snow . The 420 with loader is too heavy to drive over snow drifts.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

bandmiller2

Yea Don,I'am stuck in the 50's all two cylinders except the Case of course.My favorite is the 70 diesel its like thors hammer, two cylinder Deeres will always fire one more time.Had a nice MC crawler with a blade years ago but sold it to a retired airline pilot in Florida he sent one of his employees all the way up to Ma. to pick it up. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Don_Papenburg

Oh man, I know about firing once more .  when I was about 14 my dad and I were pulling out tree stumps. He had the 60 and let me run the 720 . The 60 died and the 720 was bouncing me about as it was struggling . I thought it was about to die so I would reach for the clutch and it would fire and nock me back in the seat and then we would do that again and again .I did beat it to the clutch just before it gave up
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

scully

Works been slow so I went to secure a  saw job close to the house ,made the deal came home and packed up for the A.M. it was low20's and then the snow hit hard off the lake ! I hated haveing to cancel the $ would have been nice about now but on second thought I ain't gonna drag my mill all over these salt covered roads !
I bleed orange  .

Chuck White

-18° last night at 11:00 and this morning at 6:00 -20°.

Guess there isn't much going on outside today!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

My mill is mothballed until spring BUT grandson and i spent the parts of the last 2 days skidding 6mbf of Hemlock logs 1/4 mile from where the trucker left them to the mill. 14" snow, 14 to 18 degrees and 18-20 mph wind. cold but not unbearable. The 8540 did its job well, but spun the wheels some as I don't have chains. put 1 or 2 logs on the forks and 1- 2 logs on the chokers. logs ranged from 8' to 25 ft inn length and 12 to 26 dia.
Stay warm everyone.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

lyle niemi

Finally got caught up with the snow removal and did some sawing, I actually just sawed in a short sleeve shirt, the weather was awsome today! 8)

mesquite buckeye

Thank You Sponsors!