iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered a new mill today

Started by Billikenfan, February 24, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billikenfan

I finally got tired of searching the net for a used mill at a decent price. I placed an order for a Woodmizer LT40 hydraulic.  I ordered it with the 35hp engine, debarker, lubemizer, and the hydraulic support arms.  I'm upgrading from a lt15.  Now the hard part I have to wait 4 weeks to get it. 

Scott
2015 Woodmizer LT40  Hydraulic 35hp
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

tmarch

Congratulations, I'm sure the wait will be worth it. 8) 8)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Waiting 4 weeks for a BRAND NEW LT40 HD with 35 HORSES????

Don't that get ya Goat!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its worth it! Congrats and have fun.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Billikenfan

I almost just grabbed one with the 26hp because they have it in stock.  But this is a long term purchase so I decided to wait.

Scott
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

mad murdock

that will be a boardmaking machine! Congrats and enjoy!   8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

Congratulations on the upgrade.  Those extra ponies will be worth the wait.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ncsawyer

Quote from: Billikenfan on February 24, 2015, 09:47:00 PM
I finally got tired of searching the net for a used mill at a decent price. I placed an order for a Woodmizer LT40 hydraulic.  I ordered it with the 35hp engine, debarker, lubemizer, and the hydraulic support arms.  I'm upgrading from a lt15.  Now the hard part I have to wait 4 weeks to get it. 

Scott

Congrats!  Plan on ordering mine this week too!  Hope you didn't get the last one.  :D
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Finn1903

congratulations on ordering your new mill, the diesel is worth the wait.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

Billikenfan

I got the 35hp gas.  I couldn't swing the diesel. 

Scott

kczbest

Congratulations on your new mill!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Good for you. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

terrifictimbersllc

Good for you!  Congratulations.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

landscraper

Congrats and good luck, hope it is a rewarding experience for you.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Billikenfan

I have the pick up scheduled for the 27th of this month.  Does anyone who's gone to Indy to pick up their mill have any advice or pointers?  Most importantly are there any really good places to eat close to the pick up site?

Scott

Percy

If you are anything like me, you will be too wound up to eat. Pack a sammich in the glove box for when you get all dizzy and such😜😜
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Billikenfan on March 10, 2015, 03:12:13 PM
I have the pick up scheduled for the 27th of this month.  Does anyone who's gone to Indy to pick up their mill have any advice or pointers?  Most importantly are there any really good places to eat close to the pick up site?

Scott
I'll bet you could eat out twice a day for a month at a different place every time within several miles of Wood-Mizer. That is if you decide to eat out instead of buying a mill.

WM is on W. 10th St.  1/4 mi west are Subway and Burger King.   About 1 mi east are several Chinese places and a bunch more fast foods (Arby's, McD, etc).   If you go south from Wood-Mizer 1 mile on Country Club Rd. to rte 36 (Rockville Rd) at that intersection there are Papa John's pizza and Penn Station East Coast Subs.  To the west on 36 are oodles of restaurants in the next 2-3 miles.  To the north a few in the next mile. 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/restaurants/@39.7737076,-86.3145524,15z/data=!4m5!2m4!3m3!1srestaurants!2sWood-Mizer+Products+Inc,+8180+W+10th+St,+Indianapolis,+IN+46214!3s0x886ca8f303ba76ab:0x1964436accd9716
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ohio_Bill

I was up to woodmizer last june with a friend when he picked up his mill and i had the best BLT of my life in Woodmizers Cafeteria.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Ohio_Bill on March 10, 2015, 04:40:03 PM
I was up to woodmizer last june with a friend when he picked up his mill and i had the best BLT of my life in Woodmizers Cafeteria.
I'll be there on Friday around lunch time, maybe I'll get the LT40 Chipotle burger :D :D :D

goose63

How dare you think of food when picking up a new mill shame on you bad boy
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

schmism

Quote from: Billikenfan on February 24, 2015, 09:47:00 PM
I finally got tired of searching the net for a used mill at a decent price.
Scott

So your LT15... going to join the current used market or sell it for a decent price?
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

Thank You Sponsors!