Quote from: Andries on May 07, 2019, 03:46:44 PM
Jim, really?
Wet, sloppy mud drying out TOO fast is a thing with some people? 🤔
What's the thinking there?
She was making a joke.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

lxskllr

Today was about the same as yesterday. Nothing interesting happened, but I did get 15G corn-free fuel. Should keep me til winter at least.

hacknchop

Beautiful day here finally started sawing again,just some dry tamarack but sawing is my favorite thing to do. Calling for for more snow here on Thursday not looking forward that.
Often wrong never indoubt

thecfarm

sawmpdonkey,your rhubarb looks good. I have 2 different kinds. One I call the old fashion kind. Been behind the farmhouse before I was born. I almost lost it due to the grass growing in it. I bought it up in the garden up to the house so I can see it and pay attention to it. Than I had a lot of strawberry rhubarb given to me. And I mean alot.
Sun tried to come out in the morning,a light rain off and on. Started around noon and still at it a 6pm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 07, 2019, 03:01:16 PM
The lady sitting next to me at lunch today said that it's going to rain tonight so that the mud doesn't dry up too soon.

Jim Rogers
If it's stops raining i may have to give up on my plan to plant rice on my front lawn and make tens of dollars!
Not to worry though, we just got almost half an inch of rain in 45 minutes, good for another day. GEEZZ!
For the love of Mike, STOP RAINING! >:(
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

Winter storm moving in tomorrow evening calling for 6+ inches of the white stuff. Enough already.

thecfarm

I have 38° and the fog is following the brook. Sun is out bright. Hope it stays that way.  ;D 
As I say,I want it to stop raining,but I don't want it to forget how to rain either. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

Fantastic day! Overcast, and never hit 70°. Went to a job in PA, and when I got there, I saw a turkey in the field. That's only the sixth time in my life I've seen wild turkey  :^) 

Finished that job fairly quickly, and on my way back to the office, I got a text saying my brushcutter parts were in. Picked up lunch, and that stuff, got back to the office, and got my brushcutter back in business. Since I wanted the loctite to set up, I got to spend some quality time with my 2511t. Played arborist around the pond. Thinned some stuff out, did some pruning, and a little easy free climbing. Found a dawn redwood in the pond. Don't know how I missed that with all the time I've spent around there. Cut a sweet gum that was crowding it, so it should be pretty happy now.

Only bad thing is this time of year isn't great for getting into brush. Lots of birds nesting. I've disturbed a couple nests I didn't see til I was in the thick of things the last couple weeks, but I /don't think/ I broke any eggs. Saw a catbird nest today. I've got chunks of trash here and there I've had to leave cause of birds. Once they're gone, it'll be hot, and I won't be as enthused to gear up and cut  :^/

SwampDonkey

Full sun here, windy and cool though. Nice working weather. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Bright sun,green grass and 34°. I am on a hill,I wonder who got a frost?

Bricklayer51

We had frost yesterday and of course rain last night and all day today

chevytaHOE5674

Just hit or miss slush, 34° and almost 2" of rain near the lake shore here this morning. Inland where it's a a few degrees colder they have accumulating snow. 

Yesterday morning was 23° here with heavy ice. 

Ljohnsaw

Low 80's for the last week and into next week.  This morning we had a marine layer push in - light fog/mist hitting you in the face.  Like being at the beach in the morning.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Mowed the lawn here tonight for the first time.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Cool and overcast today, with a bit of drizzle. More chainsawing at work, and I found another dawn redwood hiding in plainish sight. It was covered in stickers, and getting crowded out by sweet gum. Got it cleaned off, but it's gonna be interesting seeing how it develops. It's got three leaders, and it's twisted and bent from being covered in stickers. Bound to be interesting. Left a few sticker branches in it cause the was a bird nest inside. I /think/ it's last year's nest, but I couldn't see to confirm. Figured I'd leave it alone til nesting season's over.

curdog

A little warm, but not too bad here,  got to the upper 70s around 80 today,  but enough to get a little sweat going running a saw.  Got the grass mowed for the 100th time it seems,  but finally had some dust flying.. a few weeks ago I was worried about getting stuck in the mud.  We should get some thunderstorms through the night... just typical May weather. 

chevytaHOE5674

High temp for the day was 35° with sideways rain/sleet/snow.

Hopefully it starts warming up, drying out and greening up soon. I'd guess I'm at least 3 weeks away from any thought of lawn mowing or cattle grazing.

Texas Ranger

I missed my mark with building an ark, Houston and area are flooded.  Some local areas up to 10-12 inches of rain.  Looks like entire Gulf Coast is getting drenched.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

I here ya on the dust. When I was mowing around the edges of bare patches it was dust cloud. Nice rain here today though. Will be cutting firewood in the rain, nice and cool out 42F right now.

Old Greenhorn

Yesterday was beautiful, clear and cool. This morning I got a text from @nybhh saying how he was so sick of this rain. He was in a GOL class during yesterday's fine weather, today he likely hoped to get something done, or cut some trees. We are completely rained out today and even have some mixed sleet. I went down to the mill to continue leveling and lagging it in. Gave up after an hour and a half. I was soaked working around the edges of the tarp and getting dumped on from time to time. It's gonna rain all day AGAIN. There is so much to do. I quit at 10am or so. We had almost 1/2 " on Friday and today we are up to 1/3 of an inch so far. The barometer continues to drop.
The photo is me checking my trail cam on my way out this morning. Don't I look happy?

Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

A nice day here for moving dirt and rocks around the yard. :D I was landscaping around the garage and another spot on the lawn. Lawdy the rocks. The top soil is nice around here, but when you drop down below 12" your in for some picking and this loam was hauled in, not screened, but not too bad for rocks. No worst than my own. :D

lxskllr

60° and poured rain. Went out and did a few hours of brushcutting, and I'm soaked. I normally wouldn't have done that, but the days where I'm motivated to gear up and cut brush are dwindling. It's soon gonna be too hot. I want to get the heavy stuff done now, then touch up as motivation strikes through summer. 2.5hrs left til the machine's paid off, including the new shaft I bought.

Boss also mentioned a couple trees he wants trimmed; had dead branches that got in the way of mowing grass. Turns out they're ash, and dying from EAB. Both are heavy leaners, but are still live enough to send out suckers. I'm gonna take a better look when it isn't raining, but right now I'm thinking I'll take them down from the top.

SwampDonkey

Dry, sunny and 62F here today. East wind though, sign of wet on the way. :)

thecfarm

Rain. Don't want that mud to dry out. ;D No rain before this for 2 days. Still kinda cool. Sweat shirt weather,but that is normal.
I am smoothing a place out down at the edge of the field,right next to the road.Worked on it when it stopped rain for 2 days in a row. :)  Still a little wet. Would like to see it at a slight incline. When they ditched the road,it drops off straight at least a foot. Hard to mow a place like that.I all ready diid about 500 feet. Another on going project. Trying to help out on the trimming part.

Old Greenhorn

Rain. We had 1/2" Friday, none Saturday, 1.3" Sunday, .8" Monday, and only have .04 so far today. Well it's not really supposed to rain steady again until......noon, so that's good >:(. I am sick of this.
 It's 37° here now, dew point is 33, wind is calm, and the pressure has been falling since midnight to 29.4. It snowed around here above 2,000' feet last night, they said they might get as much as 10" on the mountain tops. I'll hear the actual reports when I get to work. I know my cousin's in southern Vt. got a coating last night. My steep skid road is taking a beating from the runoff, even with the new water bar I put in hastily back in December or so. Gonna need a machine to fix it proper.
 Maybe, just maybe, tonight I can get a little work in on the mill. Only a 50% chance of rain then so I'll take it. This is getting old.

Thank You Sponsors!