Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Got the first coat of mud up yesterday.

Will try to get a second coat on today. Don't care to sand at all. :(

fishfighter

Just a update. I have one more lite sand to do and then spray the texture.

Been doing some work on my backhoe and some helping my daughter and SIL hanging siding on a house they added to and rebuilding it.

SIL sawing up siding a few months ago.

They had let it dry and then primed both sides.

One side done and tied in.

More work today on my backhoe. Got to drop the transaxle. Pinion gear went out. >:( This is a big job. Yesterday I sawed up some oak 51/2"x12" beams that I will saw them 24" long for cribbing to block up the backhoe. Dang thing weighs in at 13K and will have to get under it. So I don't want it going anywhere. ;D

fishfighter

Been working on the backhoe. Axle dropped which wasn't all that bad to do.

Open the transaxle up and yep pinion gear gone.

Good news, just about have the transaxle back together. Need two new cotter pins. It's cold here and wind blowing hard out the north. Just don't want to go to town to pick them up. ;D

Magicman

It's good to see you making progress on the backhoe Paul. 

Yup, this cold can go back to the Glacier where it came from.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I did finish putting the axle together and moved it to the backhoe. Then the rain started. >:( It's now sleeting here hard. >:(

Dang shame all the oaks started blooming out last week, but I know winter is not over till the pecan trees bloom. ;D They are the last trees to do so in these parts. Suppose to get down to 29F tonight. High tomorrow maybe 50F. Didn't even reach 40F today. :( Wet, windy and cold. Three things I hate the most. :D Gumbo was good tonight. 8)

Magicman

Quote from: fishfighter on March 04, 2019, 08:55:38 PMGumbo was good tonight.
Wow, I'll bet it was and I would love to sample a bowl of your Gumbo.  food6

I did get a bowl of Gumbo last week while on the road sawing but is wasn't Coonass Gumbo.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, if you get back down my way, let me know a day before hand and I will cook you and Miss Pat a good gumbo. ;D

Magicman

No "if", it will happen my Friend. 

fishfighter

Backhoe is fixed. 8)

Doctors appointment today. :(

Darrel

Quote from: fishfighter on March 07, 2019, 08:02:52 AM
Backhoe is fixed. 8)

Doctors appointment today. :(
Have you ever wished that you were as easy to fix as a backhoe?
Good luck at the appointment. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Dang backhoe is like me. Slow starting, smokes a little, leaks from everywhere and always needs work on it. :D

Doctors appointment went good. CRT-D needed a complete tune up. Took about an hour, but all good now. 8)

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Put in just about a full day work. Started with cutting grass and water. >:( It had to be done one way or another. :( Then climb on the backhoe and moved a couple hundred yards of dirt around the guess house. Still have a bunch more, but first I have to dig it up. ;D

Did a quick walk thru the house. Trying to get motivated to get back sanding. :( Will try to finish up that back bedroom this weekend. 

fishfighter

Finish floating and shot texture yesterday. 8)

I will prime it today. ;D

Magicman

Looking good Paul.  It's also good to see you sorta back to your own self.  8)

fishfighter

Thanks Lynn. Got the room all primed out. Will paint the ceiling tomorrow. That will be white, but still haven't picked a color for the walls.

Magicman

fishfighter

Been painting and got it all done. 8) And yes Lynn, I did pick the color. ;D

Today, I started boxing in the windows. Problem there, I had to shut it down due to rain. :(

Just have to add the outside trim.

I got to order some more knives for my planner. It's going to take just under 200 sf of flooring. Will be the same flooring as the kitchen/living room area.

Have another problem. Most of the oak I have sawed up is reading around 13-14% moisture. :(  Thinking of moving all inside the house and just run some fans on it 24/7 till I can get the moisture down below 11%.

Magicman

I am just glad to see you stirring and getting-r-done.  8)

fishfighter

So much for finishing the back bedroom. The more I got to thinking, the more there will be a change. I did finish up all painting, wood trim around the windows and installed plugs and switches.

Back to the change. This is outside the bedroom.

Inside in the room.

Boy, did I screw up or what? Even more so for a change I want to do. >:( Yep, I didn't center the door way to start with. Not to bad of a change/fix. The biggest change I want to do is add some timbers to the area outside of the bedrooms. By doing that, it would carry off from the kitchen/living room areas. ;D

So, this afternoon, after figuring out what I will have to do, I sawed up a couple beams. I will saw up what else that is needed tomorrow.

Big reason I am going to try this, if it works, I am wanting to do this in my house on a grand scale. 8) 

Magicman

As long as your mind has a plan, your butt is still in control.  Most of us fly by the seat of our pants anyway.  :D

fishfighter

You got that right Lynn. :D One of the logs I sawed up yesterday had to be the nastiest logs that was ever sawed. Sucker had mushrooms growing off it. A lot of punk wood. Was a short log, but more then long enough to get a 4x10 out of it. I have around 6 more standing dead oaks that need to be felled. Might do that today. Having a very slow start to my day already. :(  

fishfighter

Door way moved and beams going up.

Going to try and finish this up today.

Magicman

Looking good.  smiley_thumbsup  I believe that "Oakey Dokey" will be OK here.    ;D

fishfighter

Wrap it up yesterday. Just need to stain them out with vinegar/steel wool mixture and add the braces.

I like it and it made the area to match the kitchen/living room area. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!