iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from Grand Ridge FL

Started by Bushgrinder, July 12, 2010, 12:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slabs

Howdy neighbor.

Welcome to the mob.  You're into a great bunch of guys here.

I'm on a little past woodbowl in Walton County.  I don't have a mill but  I'm the chief mechanic, offbearer and sawdust-and-slab mexican for my neighbor's LT-40.  Hope to get a chance to pump your paw soon.

Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DanG

It looks to me like we need to have a NW Fla get-together in the near future.  We're gettin' quite a little pack formed up here. ;D 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bd354

Quote from: DanG on August 03, 2010, 10:41:00 PM
It looks to me like we need to have a NW Fla get-together in the near future.  We're gettin' quite a little pack formed up here. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Sounds like a DanG good idea. Maybe we could find a halfway centralized point to meet so no one would have to drive very far.

Bushgrinder

That sounds like a good plan men. ;D
Maybe we could see some logs sawed into boards that day?

bd354

We also have some fairly close guys in South Ga. and Ala.And Missisippi ain't that far away.

DanG

Quote from: bd354 on August 04, 2010, 07:39:08 PM
Quote from: DanG on August 03, 2010, 10:41:00 PM

Sounds like a DanG good idea. Maybe we could find a halfway centralized point to meet so no one would have to drive very far.

See'ins there's at least a half-dozen of us within a 50 mile circle, I don't see the centralized point as a big issue. :)  Maybe my perspective is warped because I just drove 2435 miles to go to the piggy roast. :D :D :D  It was worth every inch!

Now who's got the best cooker? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Papa1stuff

Or you all could come to Okahumpka,I have 10 acres, camp here go to Disney or any of the parks, or
Saw my logs ;D ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

bd354

isawlogs

If cooker's is to be the prerogative to having this get to gether ....  I would think that Fishfarmer will be kinda hard to top . Now I aint looked at the map , might be I am out of the ballpark as to location .. but I can asure you that he not only has a big azz cooker , he learned real quick on on how it workins was to be , cause he did a fine mess of fish for us at the piggy roast .  8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bushgrinder

Papa1stuff,  first of all I would like to thank you for the very generous offer,I pass that on the way to Lake Wales about once a year.

bd354,
It's about 250 miles sw of grand ridge...

Bushgrinder

woodbowl

I'm ready to get together and cook something whenever yall' can decide. Lets see, DanG is sorta' east, I am sorta' west, Slabs is over a hunnerd miles west of DanG, BR549 and Bushgrazzer are somewhere in between. Who else is comming? I vote we all pile in on the new Bushgrabber guy.  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Well, I could host a theme party here.  I got all kinds of themes.  We could have a building party or a tearin' down party or a mechanikin' party or a garden plantin' party or just a simple mowing contest.  Bein' the good host that I am, I can do the cookin' while y'all party. ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Quote from: WDH on August 12, 2010, 08:50:15 AM
You cook good ribs.....

Ain't that the truth.  Best I ever had.

Marcel maybe something was lost in translation ;), a fish cooker is different from most other cookers. But I appreciate the complement I couldn't have done it without DanG and some others helping.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bd354

Bein' the good host that I am, I can do the cookin' while y'all party.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I'll help with the cookin or partyin, if we can figger out what we're cookin I'll bring something to go along with the whatever.I'll be sure to dress in my sawing,mowing,gardening duds. ;D

Bushgrinder

Quote from: woodbowl on August 11, 2010, 11:48:30 PM
I'm ready to get together and cook something whenever yall' can decide. Lets see, DanG is sorta' east, I am sorta' west, Slabs is over a hunnerd miles west of DanG, BR549 and Bushgrazzer are somewhere in between. Who else is comming? I vote we all pile in on the new Bushgrabber guy.  ;D
The way my work schedule has been lately it's hard to turn down those last minute calls with hunting club jobs,etc...
Committing to a certain day at my place just ain't gonna happen for now.
But,I'd be more than happy to have a get together here later this winter.
Besides, we need to be able to stand next to a big ole oak bonfire and really enjoy the cooler weather,heck maybe even scald a sow hog in the old sugar kettle... burning lighter knot wood of course.

woodbowl

Quote from: DanG on August 12, 2010, 01:16:29 AM
or just a simple mowing contest.  Bein' the good host that I am, I can do the cookin' while y'all party. ;D

That mowin' contest would have been a lot more fun last year if'n we hadn't had to work on DanG's mower. The blade was dull and the pull cord broke after we swapped motors. It's a good thing I had a jug of gas in my truck or we wouldn't have done much mowin' at all. DanG, we don't need to cut down those bushes again this year do we? You can see the mowin' almost as good if you slide your lawn chair and cooler over about 10 feet. That took almost 2 hours with the wasp nest and all. It's a lot of August fun, but we need to start a little earlier this year or at least quit before it gets dark.

Yea, DanG's a pretty good cook. He cooks a fine steak, of course we got to bring our own steak and something to drank. The skeeters ain't too bad if there's enough  smoke comming off the grill. Yall' may need to bring a flashlight so we can see how to eat.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Bushgrinder

isawlogs

Hey Fish

Ya cant start to imagine what can get lost in translation . When younger and not speaking so good English , I got hooked up with a nice looking gal that did not speak to well French ...  translaion issues you saye .....  :o ::)   Good thing for sign language .  ;D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!