iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dopeheads

Started by pineywoods, August 24, 2010, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I woke up at 3 am monday to the sound of the door bell ringing and a loud banging on my front door. Porch light revealed a scraggly looking character, clothes all tattered, barefoot, jumping around like a monkey on a hot tin roof and jabbering like a mocking bird. I kept the door shut and asked what he wanted. with all the jabbering, I finally concluded that someone had stolen his motorcycle and THEY were chasing him through the woods with lights and guns trying to kill him. Wanted me to do something. I did. Called the sheriff's office and persuaded him to lie down on the porch in the light. The sound of a round being chambered in the beretta probably convinced him to co-operate. He lay right there, still jabbering a mile a minute until 2 deputies arrived about 20 minutes later. The video surviellance system I installed last year caught the whole episode. I made a copy of the video and sent it to the sheriff.
I later learned that he was involved with a dope party with a girl couple of miles down the road. The girl's grandpa walked in and demanded he get out. Words were exchanged and grandpa fired a couple of rounds past his ear to back up his demand. Dopehead left his motorcycle and took to the woods, eventually coming to my house 2 miles away hours later.

You can't reason with a dopehead, you have to deal with them in a language they understand.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

I think many people understand that language Wayne. :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

The dopeheads got thinned out a bit around here last week.  One case just a quarter-mile around the corner, a big grow-house was busted.  This was a place where a young black couple had bought a severely overpriced house with 10 acres of land.  I only met the guy once, when I stopped to help him get his lawn mower out of the ditch.  He seemed nice enough, but was wearing a t-shirt praising Islam, and was wearing one of those silly looking knitted beanies. 

In the other case, about 3 miles up the road, cops found $250,000 in cash and 30 kilos of cocaine.  This was a place where the homeowner had passed away and the house was bought by what appeared to be a young black family.  They had put in many expensive upgrades, including a wrought-iron fence, and had lots of expensive toys.  It appeared to be a group of siblings who might have been orphaned and had gotten a big insurance settlement.  Not the case.  Turned out to be 3 unrelated drug dealers and their girlfriends. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sandhills

I got to deal with this too, I moved to town into my grandparents place after a divorce to stay close to my kids.  A few years later the neighbor across the street moved and sold her house, meth heads from somewhere bought it and were busted in about a year.  Sad thing is there were some young kids involved, not old enough to be into any of that but sure they suffered the consiquences of it.  Then my neighbor across our driveway moved, very nice older man whom lived there all the while I grew up.  The local druggie in town bought his place his son moved in there with his pitbull which was never on a leash and life got pretty interesting.  How do you raise a six year old and an eight year old (both daughters) around that?  One of my freinds stopped by one night when we went to leave the dog met me at the corner of my truck not real happy, buddy says was you're 22 by the door loaded, said no but the 3006 is in the bedroom and shells on my dresser, I didn't move.  He came back out of the house with my grandpas old cane :D  Said I don't no where your bedroom is!  That dog got real lucky that night!!  By the way the first neighbor to move will be my wife next weekend and I never let her forget she ruined the neighborhood :D :D :D :D

DouginUtah

Quote from: DanG on August 24, 2010, 11:28:20 PM
wearing one of those silly looking knitted beanies. 

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to talk about my silly-looking beanie. It is called a kufi. I wear one not for religious purposes but for the protection it gives my scalp and because it feels better on my head than anything I have tried.

I think most of the old-time forum members know my story but for the newer members who may have met me at the pig roast and wondered... I was diagnosed with melanoma cancer seven years ago and they scalped me (literally) to get rid of it. Then they took a skin graft off my right thigh and patched up my head. One spot, which had skull bone exposed took several years to fill in, even now is extremely sensitive to being touched. The padding of the kufi has protected me from severe pain many times.

Now you know.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

Wow.  Does this mean DouginUtah is a Dopehead??  I never woulda guessed it.  ;D  ps.  This is completely a joke.

asy

But Doug, you look so CUTE in it  :-*
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

Doug, this thing didn't look anything like your "beanie."  I guess it was more crocheted than knitted, and looked a bit like an elephant scrotum stretched over his afro.  Beanies tend to look silly when they're on the noggins of drug dealers.  In fact, anything other than horizontal black and white stripes looks silly on them.

Now that's silly! :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pasbuild

looked a bit like an elephant scrotum stretched over his afro

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

ely

cmon dang tell us how you really feel, dont hold back. :D

Coon

:D  Thanks for the laugh DanG. I needed a good one but now my guts hurt.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!