iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to VT tomorrow to pick up a Woodmizer

Started by richhiway, November 26, 2018, 01:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richhiway

Sold my Logosol and moving up to a LT 40. I may need some advice!
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

GAB

The forecast is such that the roads may not be the best tomorrow.
Be careful and allow plenty of time.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

47sawdust

That's a real nice mill.Tomorrow doesn't look like a good travel day,but you wouldn't be the first to bring home a Slushmizer.
You will not be disappointed with that mill.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

terrifictimbersllc

Maybe hose it down with warm water containing Salt-Away, if the highway dept. has been enthusiastic about the roads. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

samandothers

Congratulations!  Hope the roads are not bad with precipitation or salt.

GAB

Make sure you lock the debarker and the head before traveling with it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

Made it. Had to wait until toady to pick it up. Tree was in the wires so we had to go 5 miles around the mountain on a steep Vermont dirt road. 
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

barbender

Congrats on the mill! Hose it off, and get penetrating oil on any any bolts or anything you may ever need to adjust. I have a bed adjustment that is froze up from the previous owner getting the mill in salt.
Too many irons in the fire

richhiway

Fluid Film is a good lube/rust prevention. At work we buy it in 5 gallon pails and spray the undercarriages of all the trucks and equipment each fall.
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

samandothers

Quote from: richhiway on November 30, 2018, 05:30:43 PM
Fluid Film is a good lube/rust prevention. At work we buy it in 5 gallon pails and spray the undercarriages of all the trucks and equipment each fall.
Stinks pretty too!

richhiway

Took about a half hour and it was the first time I ever ran a Woodmizer. Not the same as a chainsaw mill!
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!