iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

KFPA Field Day

Started by Kansas, September 09, 2006, 05:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

The Kansas Forest Products Association is holding its annual field day event on Sept 30th. This event will be held at the sawmill of Kansas Hardwoods Inc located in Belvue Ks, in the northeast part of the state, approx 25 miles west of Topeka on 24 highway. Various sawmill, wood processing and woodworking demonstrations will be held throughout the day. Sawmills being demonstrated include woodmizer, lucas, hudson, logmaster,alaskan and portable circle mill. Other equipment and demonstrations  being shown are post peeling equipment, firewood processor, log loading equipment,  wood turning/lathe, and scroll saw. Theres more too numerous to list. The event is free. Some sawing demonstrations will include cutting walnut logs for grade, grading it, and an analysis of the economics. We will also be demonstrating quartersawing white oak. This event is free. There will be a bbq lunch, free to all KFPA members, and 6 dollars per non KFPA members. We ask that you preregister if you plan on lunch to help with our meal count. Contact Steve Floersch at 785-456-8141, Dan Howell at 785-562-8617, or Dave Bruton with the Kansas Forest Service at 785-945-6147. We look forward to seeing you there.

Larry

Only 21 views?  Figured better bring it back up to the top as somebody must have missed it.  KFPA puts on a great event with a large turnout...and they even feed you.

Made a couple new friends, and learned few tricks at the last event.  I'll be there with my Forestry Forum hat...walk up and say hi. :) 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Pictures.. Where's the pictures?

I've been in and through Kansas.  I think of Dodge City and Gunsmoke.  Or when driving accros it I think "Are we getting close to Colorado yet?" :)

But I don't think about forest or of forest products coming for Kansas.   smiley_headscratch
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Larry

Since ya asked...making his first cedar pole...bet he will be an expert in Springfield.

Home built small circle mill.  Hummed right along with Wisconsin power.

First look at a Log-Master...I couldn't believe how big this mill is.

The Kansas crew whittling down a little burr oak.

Didn't notice the silo in the background when I took this picture.  Old silo's seem to have some sort of fascination for a few of our members. ;D

KFPA put on a good show and member Kansas was a great host...excellent meal also.  The boss spent quite a bit of time watching one of the girls running a scroll saw and dropped a little money with one of the wood turners.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

sawwood

Here was a post peller at the Kansas Field Days. They where cutting
cedar posts

Here was the swing blade in action. befor they could git started they
hit a nail and chiped the blade. Not good on the teeth

Larry took a photo of the log-master from out side and here is my photo taken inside. Sure had a good day and learned a lot about walnut cutting and grading.
Not to may people there as befor but still had a good turn out.

Lester
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!