iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a small Tulip Poplar log...

Started by Joanie, August 24, 2012, 12:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: wormy on August 25, 2012, 02:34:32 PM
love to cut poplar but can be a hand full to keep from making rocking chair bottoms when it dries

Strange, I haven't had that problem. But then I do have a problem with cherry warping real bad, and a lot of people don't seem to have THAT problem.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

The first flatsawn boards off the outside of a cherry tree are bad to warp.  The worst offenders are the boards with all sapwood on one side and all heartwood on the other.  The end up like bananas.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on August 25, 2012, 09:01:52 PM
The first flatsawn boards off the outside of a cherry tree are bad to warp.  The worst offenders are the boards with all sapwood on one side and all heartwood on the other.  The end up like bananas.

Maybe I'll bring a short log down with me Saturday and we can have a little cherry demo too.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

That should work just fine.  Sycamore and cherry are both diffuse porous, so they should be comfortable with each other  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!