iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ag expo, Moultrie GA, just around the corner

Started by brdmkr, September 28, 2009, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

Oct 20 - 22.  I have only made it over a couple of times as work seems to get in the way, but I am hoping to make it this year.  Who all will be going and have you decided on a date?  I likely will not be able to go but for one day and would like to maximize my visiting ;D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Mooseherder

Man that came up quick.
Doesn't look good for this year either.
If it were on a weekend I'd go.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DanG

I can't believe all of you dedicated workaholics! :D  I don't have those kinds of worries anymore, so I plan to be there, camping in the usual spot with whoever else shows up. ;D 8)

I want to issue a word of caution to those of you who may be looking to stay in a motel.  Moultrie has declared itself to be an "Amnesty City." ??? ::) >:( :-X  As such, they have attracted the absolute dregs of the illegal immigrant community, and the crime rate is through the roof.  If you're going to stay in a motel, I strongly urge you to make your reservations in either Tifton, Thomasville, or Valdosta, if you'd like to find that your wheels still has its wheels in the morning.  I'm sure that security at the Expo itself will be up to its usual excellent standards, but I wouldn't spend any time downtown at all.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bd354

Pretty sure I'm going for one day at least. I'll have #2 son with me . What day/days will ya'll be there? Haven't met anyone yet and would like to catch up. I can go any day. DanG, are non-campers allowed in the campgrounds?

DanG

BD, we usually just camp on this big ol' lawn across the street from the real campground.  Nobody has ever said anything about us staying there, or asked us to pay.  We usually just sleep in the vehicles but I pitched a tent last year.  We had a pleasant little crowd, consisting of Tom, Woodbowl, DNalley and his son, BNalley and lil' ol' me.  Woodbowl cooked some steaks and taters and we just had a ball!

Nobody has spoke for a particular night yet.  I usually do two days and one night, but I can change that if needed.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

I'll be there as plans have it. Gona bring my hibachee again and more viddles. What are we eating this time? Can't get much better that a steak.  ;)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

john_boylan

Plan to leave North Alabama Tuesday, stay the night in Prattville AL with a buddy, leave 0-dark-thirty Wednesday,  wander around the Expo all day, stay the night & wander some more on Thursday, and then head back toward home in the p.m.  Looks like we'll spend the night in my buddy's van right now, but may end up in my tent.  I like campgrounds (showers and such), so if anybody has a recommendation please advise.

It'll be our first trip, and I'm looking forward to seeing parts of AL/GA that I've never seen before, in particular Union Springs and Eufala on the AL side.  Anywhere I need to swing through on my way down Highway 82 through GA?

Of course, just today heard from family re a pending sad occasion, so all this may go up in smoke.  But we're closer to attending than we've gotten in the last two years, so I am hopeful.   Really hope I get to meet some of you there.
009L (laid up), 029 (junk), 350, 346xp, 394xp
Shotgun, a Rifle, and a Four-Wheel Drive
Kubota L175, Gravely C-8 (we be busting brush now!)

bd354

I'll be there Wednesday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll check in at the sawmill demos when I get there. Should arrive about 8 or 9 am.

Don K

Talking about the Moultrie show brought back some old memories. This year will be the fifth show since I first joined the Forum. I've been every yr except last yr. I went back and read DanG's Moultrie Pic thread on here and found some old pics.

This is the first time I met Woodbowl. I liked him right off the bat. ;D Here is a pic of a member that hasn't posted in a long time, but the day I met him at the show he offered me a place to sleep so I wouldn't have to sleep in the truck.

DonE911

I met DanG, Tom, Captain, Ga Boy, and several others that first yr and have met many more at like events. Some are still good close friends and some I haven't heard from in a while. If I can manage it I might make a trip over Wed. and spend the night. Wife wants to come but don't know if she can get off. I would love to shoot the bull and hear some more picking. Might get to make some new friends. Cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Don

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

woodbowl

Come on Don, we'll pick and grin and kick up a little sawdust.  ;)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

In the pre-cellphone days it was difficult for us to find each other at Moultrie.  Now it is easy if you have somebody's number. :) 8) :) 8)  Anyone who wants my number can just pm me and I'll give it to ya. ;)

A little wad of us always camp among the pines there on the grounds and have a great time visiting in the evening.  Some sleep in their vehicles and some pitch a tent.  No campers are allowed in that area though.  There is a huge RV park on the grounds, but it is probably full up by now.  We are able to use the bathhouse facilities though. :)  All are welcome to join us there.  Bring a chair and some skeeter spray!!  If you pick, bring your instrument. If you enjoy a little adult beverage, bring that too. :) ;)

Aww Shucks!  I'll just go ahead and put it here.  I'll delete it from here after the show. ;)  850-510-2668

DanG

OK, here's the weather forecast for the Moultrie show.  It looks to be splendiferous! 8) 8)  Daytime highs range from 78 for the first day to 82 on the last.  Low for Tues night is predicted to be 49, with temps rising to 58 on Thurs night.  Should be bright and sunny every day.  Y'all still need to bring clothing for any eventuality.  As a few notable Michiganders have found out, 50 degrees down here feels more like 30 does up there. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!