iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framing in the South-Louisiana

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 02, 2014, 10:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I have a customer who wants me to come down to Louisiana, just outside of Shreveport, and teach a class at his shop.
We have looked at maybe the weekend of Columbus Day in October. Dates would be Oct. 11 to 15, for a five day workshop.
Cost would be $100 per day per person.

Is there any interest in that area by anyone who would be wanting to come over and learn timber framing?

Please let me know by PM on the forum or send me an email to jrsawmill (at) verizon (dot) net.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

jander3

Jim, , man, wish I could make it.   

I lived for 15 years about  25 miles north of Baton Rouge....I miss the Fais do-do, dem Cajuns, and oh ya....all dat seafood.  Gulf shrimp, blackened catfish (straight out of the bayou...pulled, in some cases, by folks that still hand-fish), and Crawfish Étouffée. 

And, you can't say you have really lived till you have sucked the head at a Louisiana crawfish boil, or enjoyed some fine dining in the back of your truck on a bit of Boudin purchased at a local Jr. Food Mart.   

Can't beat the weather in October.

I've been a northern boy pretty much my whole life, but I would not trade them years for anything.   If you have never been to Cajun dance, never seen no alligator at the bayou (while the children are out swimming and tubing),  never run across a Cotton Mouth or King Snake while mowing your lawn, never pushed your canoe west cross the Atchafalaya swamp for no apparent reason (at night with all them red-eyes), or never fished among the Cypress when the Sac-a-lait were running, well, maybe it is time to go. 

Jon   

Jim_Rogers

Sounds like you had some fun while you were there.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

I have one one FF member PM me that he's interested.

We'll need at least 5 or 6 to cover the expenses of the workshop.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks
Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!