iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new mill

Started by yarnammurt, February 12, 2013, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

8) 8)  LM-15 24' deck,30hp,toe boards,sidding maker

I ordered it 4 months ago and got it last week. It is very nice and user friendly. I've cut around 2000bf for my barn. Could not be happier

ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice mill and congratulations. Has that young man got sawdust in his eye?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yarnammurt

Not yet, But I let him run it the other day. It has a board drag back, So I pulled wood as he run it. He runs everything at the house. The tractor,lawn mower, track loader, mule, does the bush hogging. So It was next in line. I will be putting the pineywoods log turner on it this coming week.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Ocklawahaboy

Nice mil.  The man that introduced me to milling used to get criticism because he had his 5yo great grandson run the tractor so he could use the PTO to grind sugar cane.  He had long quit milling by time the kids were near your son's age. 

yarnammurt

People get on me sometime, But when they see him work they change there minds. I have had my own flooring install company for 14years. He is only 12 but works better thay anyone else I have used over the years.

Woodkiller

Sweet mill. I have had similar comments about my daughter and our pecan processing equipment. I tell the customer they make me more nervous that she does, at least she know what to look out for. I say he probably has better hand/eye than most of us.

sumday

I know where your coming from. I've had my own construction business for 18 years with up to 24+ employees and my boys have always been the most willing and hardest workers I've had. They start coming with me when they're 5 or 6 years old on a regular basis.

AdamT

I love to see young kids doing that kind of stuff. Anything like that will get them further in life than video games. He's very fortunate!
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Magicman

Congrats on the new sawmill, but more especially the 12 year old and his work ethics.  An also to you for instilling them.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yarnammurt

My brother gave him his first saw the other day with a new set of saw chaps. He is walking tall now. I was running one at about the same age.

Skoalbandit78

Congratulations on the new mill. If your little buddy runs out of work down there in Arkansas, send him up to W.V to help me. It's good to see kids taking an interest in things like that. Have fun.

pineywoods

Quote from: yarnammurt on February 12, 2013, 08:04:58 PM
I will be putting the pineywoods log turner on it this coming week.

I think you may be the first to put a pineywoods turner/clamp on a norwood. Shouldn't be any problem. If there is, I'm not very far away, 8 miles across the state line into Louisiana. You're welcome to come look at mine. We expect pics,, OOPS I see logmaster, not norwood.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

It's a dandy. And than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

A Log Master, not a Norwood, right  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yarnammurt

yarnammurt

yarnammurt

Quote from: pineywoods on February 12, 2013, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: yarnammurt on February 12, 2013, 08:04:58 PM
I will be putting the pineywoods log turner on it this coming week.

I think you may be the first to put a pineywoods turner/clamp on a norwood. Shouldn't be any problem. If there is, I'm not very far away, 8 miles across the state line into Louisiana. You're welcome to come look at mine. We expect pics,, OOPS I see logmaster, not norwood.

I might come down, Learn all I can

drobertson

Nice mill yarnammurt! I saw side by side with one in 08' good machines,  proud of that young man too!  Happy for you! david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

A couple more things.
Does that little hard worker of yours have a name?
And are we going to see "him" sawing and you building?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yarnammurt

Quote from: thecfarm on February 12, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
A couple more things.

He's Trey, And probably. Might see me sawing and him building. My boys are home schooled so half their days are real education so to say.

thecfarm

Thank you.  ;D  I wish my father would of bought a mill when I was that age.

schakey

Quote from: yarnammurt on February 12, 2013, 10:32:34 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on February 12, 2013, 10:24:11 PM
A couple more things.

He's Trey, And probably. Might see me sawing and him building. My boys are home schooled so half their days are real education so to say.
A lot more kids needs educated like this.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

dgdrls

Well done with the Lad!!,  nice mill too :D

best
DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!