iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Axe Holster?

Started by Craig, January 20, 2007, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

Greetings,

I have been looking for a leather axe holster that goes on your belt. I have seen them in some pictures but haven't been able to find where you can buy one. I have a metal one that goes on your belt in the back, it holds the axe with the handle pointing up. It works good but then when I have to jump in the skidder it is uncomfortable. On the first or second page of the new bailey's catalogue they have a picture of a guy with one. It is leather and it holds the axe handle down at an angle back. Any help locating a seller of these would be greatly appreciated!

Craig
Craig Martin
C.S. Martin Forest Contracting
Life, Liberty and Justice For All.
(This includes Americans)

Mooseherder

Craig

Thanks Mooseherder,

The only thing I saw there were sheaths, what I am looking for is like a hammer holster but for an axe.

Thanks again,

Craig
Craig Martin

Furby

You made me go get my Bailey's catalog........
That guy in the pic is moving, that's why the axe is on an angle.
Have you tried a simple hammer holster?

Mooseherder

This company has these.
http://www.minerox.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1253
Does it look like this?  They have 6 pages of leather field equipment. They also had one that swivels. That would be a good feature when sitting down.

Craig

I have seen other photos and the axe is held on an angle back. The photo in Bailey's the guy is standing there cutting  tree not running forward. I think I will maybe make one if I can't find what I am looking for!

Craig
Craig Martin

Reddog

I looked quite a bit last night and could not find anything like that. At first I thought he had it throught his belt like a lot of western fallers do.
But it does look like a angled holder.
It looks like it only holds the handle. It did not cover the head.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Craig

I think I got it! I took a tong holster I had,
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=1496
cut off the metal tension strap. Then I drilled out the top front rivet and cut the leather on an angle. The axe fits through it pretty well and sets at a slight angle backwards. I will have to see how it lasts. Thanks alot everyone for your input!

Craig
Craig Martin

Furby

Go back to the pic and look at that fellows right foot/leg and then the axe.
He is moving!

Ed_K

I bolted a hammer holder to my log tool belt, with the cutting edge pointing backwards it make the handle angle back.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!