Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Woodcutter_Mo

Quote from: DonT on August 20, 2017, 10:38:59 AM
The 372xp has always been one of my all round favourite mid size saws. I bought one last tear at this time with a 562xp,I prefer the 372. Call me a skeptic but I am going to buy another 372xp this fall, hopefully by the time I need to replace them in a couple of years they will have all the bugs worked out.
I noticed the primer bulb on the new 372,does anyone else find this a pain in the butt to operate with gloves on?  also had a client look at my 562 and ask why I was not running pro line saws,his poulan had a primer bulb to so he assumed it was a cheap saw.

I wish my 372xp had a primer bulb. It does fine without it but it usually always takes about 10-12 pulls to get it fired up if it has sat more than a week or so. I flooded it a few times trying to get it started before I figured out the trick.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

celliott

My 372 is the same way Woodcutter_Mo
If it's sat awhile, it's a bear to get it running, 10+ pulls like you said. Once it's started, it's a one pull saw all day. Next day, 3 pulls cold.
I don't get why primer bulbs get knocked so much. Yeah they're on the cheapo saws, but why shouldn't they be on pro saws too? My Jonsered 2260 (similar to a 562xp) has a primer bulb, and that is hands down the easiest starting piece of 2 stroke equipment I have ever run. Hit the primer bulb a few times, choke it, pull till it coughs (one, sometimes two pulls) choke off, pull and she goes. Every time.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

teakwood

Quote from: DonT on August 20, 2017, 10:38:59 AM
The 372xp has always been one of my all round favourite mid size saws. I bought one last tear at this time with a 562xp,I prefer the 372. Call me a skeptic but I am going to buy another 372xp this fall, hopefully by the time I need to replace them in a couple of years they will have all the bugs worked out.
I noticed the primer bulb on the new 372,does anyone else find this a pain in the butt to operate with gloves on?  also had a client look at my 562 and ask why I was not running pro line saws,his poulan had a primer bulb to so he assumed it was a cheap saw.

That is what i thought too! are they still in the 20th century??
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

HolmenTree

My old edition 372XP has a weird trait, it always starts on the first pull while choked no matter how long it sits.
I'm thinking maybe the carb leaks a bit of fuel into the intake manifold and is always primed. Saw runs great otherwise.

I'm confused about the primer bulbs on my 550XP and 562XP too.
I understand they pump fuel through the carb and back into the tank so you can never over pump them.
I heard pumping the warmed up fuel out of the carb after shutting it down after long hard cuts,  helps cool the carb down for better restarts.
Nothing in the owners manual seems to give any information.

This new 572XP touts a new insulated top cover. What looks like a layer of white Styrofoam on the airbox partition wall. It's supposed to keep the carb cooler from cylinder heat.
I'm thinking Husqvarna should make upgraded covers available for the 550XP/ 562XP also.

The new 550XP my dealer gave me last week to replace the old troublesome one, even has hot start issues on its first tank of fuel. After warmed up good I had to set the fast idle to get it to start >:(

My new MS261C never had a hard start issue yet and it's worked up into the high 90s with lots of humidity.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

HolmenTree

Here's a pic from my 550XP owner's manual  on how to start the saw after warmed up.
Sure a lot of trouble to start these saws :D
I hope the new 572XP has elimated this step of setting the fast idle every time you need to start the saw.

The new MS261C doesn't even allow you to set the fast idle . Only on choke position when you need to start it from cold.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Riwaka

PNWRusty

Quote from: Riwaka on August 24, 2017, 07:34:43 PM
572XP in forest
https://youtu.be/XSIYooqWeaY

I'm surprised Husqvarna let this video out there with the 572XP being so new and all. That's a 20" bar cutting easy Spruce? Or is it Hemlock? Either way, some real easy sawing wood. Don't they make sure the chain is properly filed before they begin? Either that or the saw is over-rated at 4.3 kW. The first cut wasn't terrible but as soon as the cylinder got hot it lost power. 2nd cut could have been operator error but the third cut looked really weak. Humiliating.

My stock 20 year old 50cc Stihl 026 is rated at 2.6 kW. 4.3 kW is 1.7 kW more (or 65% more power). Yet it didn't seem but a bit more powerful in the cut. My 026 would have been at peak power on the second or third cut. I would venture they had it tuned too rich but it's Autotune!

That's no way to sell a new saw! Anyone else find this demo unimpressive? Maybe they forgot to break it in?

swelogg

Thank You Sponsors!