iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

white cedar or leyland cypress

Started by xlogger, May 13, 2018, 07:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Is this white cedar or Leyland cypress or maybe something else?

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

Looks like leyland cypress to me.  Sorta bland. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

xlogger

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

I know of no special uses for it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

I would agree, its nothing special. But you can saw it into usefull boards. It seems reasonably strong, stable, and somewhat durable.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Don P

Nice for planting or serving trays. I was making wooden trays to hold those flimsy black plastic cell packs ~1'x2'. They were good going into the truck taking plants to the garden and farmers market, then later they work good for things like 'maters at the market. Then they started selling themselves. I think more of them have been used for serving trays than in the garden. I also use lightweight woods for making mason jar crates for a dozen quart jars per crate.

Thank You Sponsors!