iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help identify this saw!

Started by ramzilla, April 05, 2012, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramzilla

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/tls/2940876735.html
Hello all I have been reading the forum for awhile and I finally registered.  I restore old Stihl chainsaws but don't recognize this one.  Can anyone help and tell me what I should offer on it.

shelbycharger400

that thing is 1950's/1960's
buddy has one very similar to it, his is direct drive too.  my buddys saw is heavier than heavy! 

lumberjack48  was talking about something along this line of a saw in a past post.

Ianab

O51AV  ???

Air cleaner looks non-standard though

Think you will find it's a 70's vintage.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ramzilla

Yeah I was thinking 70s vintage as well.  The two holddowns on that weird air filter cover are  what are throwing me off.

mad murdock

The air cleaner looks like the type that Stihl used on their concrete/chop saw models. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

blackoak

I'm not so sure it's not maybe a power head off a TS 510 chop saw. You are right about the air filter cover being one from a chop saw. I know of no Stihl chainsaws that used this type of cover

ramzilla

You guys nailed it.  I checked it out and it is in fact a TS510 chopsaw. 

Thank You Sponsors!