iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine open house

Started by Peter Drouin, April 20, 2013, 07:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A little rain in the morning but not bad, I looked at a new LT70 wide mouth 33" thats a lot :o :o

look at the size of that motor on the log turner

Ross was showing how thin the mill will cut

Berry from NY WM was runing the 70 with the new joy sticks, now that will take some time to learn how to run that, but Berry had it down :)

cutting red oak

then I saw this big guy with a cam corder I think thats what it was :D

Guess who :D
Mr Jim Rogers I think we will see a move soon :D

This is him and I, Im the good looking one the left :D :D ;D

We were tooking at the mills and edger

and low and behold the [thecfarm] walked up, for me It was big suprise to meet these two good men, we talk and make some fun on the FF, but to see these two men face to face made my day

When we had lunch at the table I looked, and looked at thecfarm, and said[ ah man no grits] :D  :D :D ;D

all n all a good day got some blades and belts and things
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

justallan1

Looks like a good day. I sure wish they had something like that near where I'm at.
Allan

mikeb1079

that's great!  thanks for sharing.  sweet beard jim's got there too!   smiley_christmas
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

dgdrls

Re: Do see sawmills being towed on the road?
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:31 pm »

Two WM's on the same truck.  I believe it was the WM Hannibal gang with an LT-10 on the bed and what looked like
an LT-40 in tow.

DGDrls

Perhaps they were making the run to Maine?

Nice pic's Peter.

DGDrls

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looking at the pic of ya'll....the only one that wins the beauty contest is the mill.  :D :D :D

I'da like to have been there with ya'll. Looks like you had a great time.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I'm the good looking one in the middle.  :D 

This a part of the show.

Jim and Peter are standing there somewheres.  :D
I got to see a LT15 with a Yarmar diesel run. A nice unit. Yes,it was nice to met Peter for the first time and to see Jim again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

That LT70 will cut 33" now? Oh, that's what I want for my birthday!
8) 8) 8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

bandmiller2

Don't you just love that new mill smell.Glad to see you met the food requirement on this post.Time marches on, I ran  puterized 70 but no joysticks,looks like there will be a learning curve on that one.Better let the grandchildren run it and old timers offbear. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

JohnM

Looks like a good time, guess I wasn't paying attention or I might have made the trip down.  Wife and kids are out of town and all I was doing was splitting and stacking wood, love the splitting (new splitter 8)) but hate the stackin.  Normally I get a flier from WM about these things but maybe they took me off the mailing list when they heard I was looking at a Lucas. :o ;) ;D :D  Part Deux at the Forestry Expo? ;D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

Now that is a real good eye there WDH. I can't even tell I have my FF hat on. I keep that hat in very high standards. Only wear it when I'm going to meet other members at a show.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Jim said to me too , here we are getting a pic with no FF hat, the first pic, I told him it would ok with the boss, I hope :D :D

But thecfarm had one  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: WDH on April 21, 2013, 07:08:19 AM
Ray,

Nice cap.

I commented that he was the only one of us three that brought his....

I wanted Peter to be able to find me, so I wore my Jim Rogers Sawmill hat. And Peter wanted me to find him so he wore his sawmill hat.
Only I forgot the name of his sawmill.... :D

We had a nice long chat.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

It is always good to see and read about FF friends meeting.  We may not actually know each other, but the friendship bond is already there.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

Yeah Magicman, that's for sure. I met Wally's World at marty's open house earlier this month. It was even more interesting cuz he's from my sister's town of Lynchburg, Va. ;)

Magicman

This reminds me of an interesting situation that developed last year with my Sister that lives in Oklahoma.

I found out that she knows Ianab through another forum and that she and her husband had actually visited him and his family in NZ.  Sometimes it is a small world.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!