iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eastern Redbud ?

Started by Road Runner, June 12, 2012, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Runner

I had an Eastern Redbud blow down in my yard last night and was wondering if it was worth sawing.  It had three forks at ground level and two of them are 11 and 12" dbh.  I've had several people over the years comment on the size of it.  A power co. employee that came out to cut one fork off of the power line said he used to be in the tree tree surgery business and had never seen one this big.  He wanted some of it for a friend that turns bowls and I told him he could have what he wanted off of one of the larger forks.  The wood is a rich chocolate color similar to walnut.  The larger fork remaining has a straight trunk for approx. 6' to a crotch. 
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

Kcwoodbutcher

The redbud that I have cut was yellow, somewhat like mulberry, but with dark streaks. I'd cut it, I never have trouble selling wood that you can't find anywhere else.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

POSTON WIDEHEAD

RoadRunner, we have a lot of ERB trees in York County, S.C. If you can get a board out of it, let it dry and build something. I sawed a nice ERB log about 8 inches in diameter and about 3 foot long. Not hardly enough to call it a log......but I did. I gave it to my neighbor who turns bowls. He's letting it dry now in hopes of making a nice bowl.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!