iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free to a good home! lol.

Started by WoodChucker, November 07, 2002, 07:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

I have a Briggs & Staton engine that was on a generator, it's in great shape and used only a few times. It's either a 10hp or a 15hp gas pull start.

It still has the generator coil attached to the drive shaft so it would need to be pulled out in order to use it I guess, a local shop told me they would remove it for 5 bucks so it must not be to hard to do,

Anyway, if anyone wants it just let me know and I'll give ya the directions to my place. I'm in Curran, Michigan which is the NE part of the state.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

smwwoody

See tom

Just "ask and ye shall recive"

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Jeff

Has anybody got dibs on the motor yet? If not I would like to get it.

I have been wanting to make a lathe for turning chunks of old weathered cedar fence posts to make lamps. I need to "Dome" the one end and then polish it.  

I have many of the things I need to make the lathe. Shaft, pillow block bearings, but no power source. The thing will have to stay outside and I need a power supply I can take to the lathe. Do ya'll thing this engine could be adapted to that?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WoodChucker

QuoteHas anybody got dibs on the motor yet? If not I would like to get it.

I have been wanting to make a lathe for turning chunks of old weathered cedar fence posts to make lamps. I need to "Dome" the one end and then polish it.  

I have many of the things I need to make the lathe. Shaft, pillow block bearings, but no power source. The thing will have to stay outside and I need a power supply I can take to the lathe. Do ya'll thing this engine could be adapted to that?

Yeah I still have it, I'm not really sure if it would work for what you need it for or not, doesn't mean it wouldn't, I just don't know a lot about it. But if you want it, I'll hang onto for a while until your able to research it, just let me know.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Jeff

WoodChucker

QuoteIs it a horizontal shaft engine?

Yep and it sits on a little stand on springs to reduce vibration.

But I just went out and took a look at it, I was wrong about the make, it's a Craftsman 10 hp, don't know if that matters to ya or not.

R.T.

Jeff

Nope, dont matter to me, although It stil could be a briggs. Craftman puts its name on a lot of stuff.

WoodChucker

That may be where I heard it then. lol

ADfields

It will have a tapered shaft on it so the pulley is not a stock thing if you can even get one.   You could have the I.D. of a stock pulley turned th match the taper I gess. :P
Andy

Fla._Deadheader

If the Gen shaft is still attached, Use a torch and "strip" the shaft. Cut a plate to fit the engine and use a "flange" bearing on the engine end of the shaft. Then all you need is a pillow block bearing on whatever length shaft you need, and of course a pulley, before hooking to your lathe.  That's how I set up the "Porsche" engine for my mill.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

wiam

Surplus Center has a tapered crankshaft adapter.  It converts a tapered shaft to a straight keyed 1 3/8" by 2" shaft.
# is  800-488-3407

William

They also have alot of new and used hydraulic and electric stuff

DanG

Hey, Wiam. Welcome aboard. Do these guys have a website?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Hey DanG. I'll defer the question to Wiam. Most of my electric motors and the hyd stuff came from Surplus Center. Been dealing with them for years. Good bunch.

Any luck lookin for old logs? I guy somewhat near you, (Destin), does-did the logging thing. Might want to talk to him. Could get his # for ya, if'n yer interested.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

wiam

Surplus Center does not list a website anywhere in their catolog.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!