iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

case 450 dozer track

Started by rs1626, January 13, 2005, 01:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs1626

does any body have a good source for tracks and sprockets

Scott

If you want used stuff try asking around at construction outfits. Someone is bound to know something  :) if you want new stuff the dealer would be your best bet.

J_T

Did a search for dozer rails and came up with Grace Tracks they are in Iowa 1-800-426-4136 intreasting web site thay are a berco  dealer . We youster always use aftermarket parts on our dozers they are a lot cheaper . Last I heard someone makes rails and pads and sells to all the names JD Case ect as they don't realley make many things just put them together . If you do this job yourself thare are a few things I might tell you that I learned the hard way  :D :D
Jim Holloway

Cedarman

Get a copy of Rock and Dirt.  Call 1 800 251 6776 or go to www.rockanddirt.com  148 pages of ads for the construction industry.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

rs1626

hry jt i am planning on doing myself  i already put it in shop last night got it up in the air  am going to give it a paint job when i get tracks off it any help would be appreiciated

J_T

One of the things we learned the hard way was to put new bolts in the pads and to use a inpact whench . We were in a money saving mode one time and hand turned them bolts off then back on and we slung a lot of pads loose  and had too even hunt some of them back up That impact will put them tighttt. Other wise listen for them clacking when in reverse with no load and tighten them again. 8)
Jim Holloway

Bill_G.

No matter how you tighten your track pads be sure to get the specs and torque them. Also check with all the dealers in your area Case, Cat, John Deere, etc. They can all get undercarrages and are pretty competitive.

Mark M

What's wrong with the tracks you have now?

rs1626

CHAINS ARE WORE DOWN TO ABOUT 2.875  PINS AND BUSHINGS ARE CLEAR GONE WAS GOING TO HAVE NEW PINS AND BUSHING INSTALLED BUT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MOENY ON MY CHAIN

Thank You Sponsors!