iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deka batteries.

Started by Dave Shepard, April 23, 2018, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I've been very impressed with the Deka batteries that came in my WoodMizer equipment. I changed out the mill battery I think November 2014 at 6.5 years old. It was still good, but heading into winter I wanted a new battery,  and I needed a battery for the dump truck anyway. This weekend I got the edger running for the first time since maybe last summer. It certainly has been sitting six months, maybe longer. The Perkapiller likes a lot of glow plug action, and several attempts to stay running. The battery cranked it over the same as it has since it was delivered ten years ago. :o 

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

47sawdust

DeKa batteries are all I use.They are also available as NAPA and East Penn which is the parent company.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

bandmiller2

Dave, that's a marine battery they have thicker plates than regular batteries and will last longer. They are not the best battery for a heavy draw as they release their power at a slower but longer rate. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

red

The Decka Batteries for sawmills are AGM.   They have glass matting for High Vibrations, if you replace with a regular car battery they will break down in a short time.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Crusarius

I wish I could say I was happy with mine. I had an old optima in my jeep it was about 10 years old. after letting the jeep hibernate all winter it would always start. Sometimes slow but it would start. This Deka I replaced it with is completely dead every spring. Nothing has changed since I swapped out the optima.

Raider Bill

I use Deka AGM in all my Harleys.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

Both my Kubotas came with Deka's on them and I got exceptional service out of them both.  Right at 9 years on both.  The tractor was still crancking, but was getting a little weak.  I have to get mine from Lowes....they have to order it and it takes a couple of weeks to get one in.  I will check Naps the next time I need a battery there is a store in a near by town.  Our carquest use to handle them but don't any longer.  I hope the ones I bought last as long as the origionals on the Kubota's did.  I am fixin to need a pretty good round of batterys for several pieces of equipment and plan to use Dekas on all that I can.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Hilltop366

Had one in my tractor, was 16 years old when it died might still be going if the tail light hadn't stuck on several times and killed it.

It was a lead calcium battery.

Dave Shepard

Carquest batteries are Deka, or at least some of them are. WM gave a Carquest # for a replacement battery.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Banjo picker

I asked the guys in our carquest about getting Dekas and was told that they used to be able to get them but could not anymore.  One of them is the owner.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Dave Shepard

I'll have to look into that. The Carquest labelled batteries I have bought are made by Deka, they just have the CQ stickers on them. 

MAF143

I work in the Telecom industry installing and repairing DC power plants that power the phone offices and cell sites.  Deka batteries by East Penn Manufacturing are a well respected battery in our industry.  Their main focus is on the AGM (absorbed glass mat) VRLA (valve regulated lead acid) type batteries.  They are very good at what they do.
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Raider Bill

Many batteries you buy are Deka just re branded labeling. I believe HD are Deka, they put their  label on the and  double the price.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ScottAR

It's my understanding that East Penn and Johnson Controls make nearly all the batteries sold in North America.  Super Start brand from the green store are East Penn unless they have a J in the part number. Those are Johnson Controls. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!