iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A late great fall day around the mill ( pics)

Started by Quebecnewf, November 09, 2017, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Was a great late fall day here calm and bright sun. Spent the morning sawing up slabs and packing them in the woodshed . Never made much of a dent in the slab pile. Finished cleaning up and put the mill to bed for the winter. Brought home the generator . Sawing done for 2017.

Going to start logging next week . Will be our first time fall logging . We normally only cut logs in the winter because that is the only time we have access by snowmobile to the logs.

The new area where we will be cutting this year lies at the mouth of the Mecatina River. We will go there on the high tide and anchor the boat . That will be our cabin for the week . Hope the weather does not get too cold or we risk freezing in . Will have to monitor forecast carefully .

Should be fun

Quebecnewf

fishfighter

Really something different from what I know. Do take pictures. ;D

Oh, forgot to add that my family got ran out just north of you over 150 years ago. :D

Magicman

Your corner of the world is beautiful and your way of live is very interesting.  I thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Quebecnewf

Quote from: fishfighter on November 09, 2017, 08:02:27 PM
Really something different from what I know. Do take pictures. ;D

Oh, forgot to add that my family got ran out just north of you over 150 years ago. :D

Would like to here further details on that ...

ToddsPoint

Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

fishfighter

Quote from: ToddsPoint on November 10, 2017, 05:29:28 AM
Canada to LA?  Maybe Acadians?  Gary

Yep, Acadians. ;D Us coonasses are still not happy about that. ;D

47sawdust

Quebecnewf,

Those pictures look like the calm before the stormsssss.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

dgdrls

I always enjoy your posts Quebecnewf'  be careful on your logging trip. look forward to some more photos

D

JRWoodchuck

Just looked your area up on Google. Only 3575 miles away. Would like to make it up that way someday. Looks beautiful.
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

drobertson

As always,, I'm at a loss of words when I see your life style. It's truly admirable, and I can only imagine some of the feeds you guys have.  The fresh fish have to be off the chart good!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bert

Thanks for the pics. Thats beautiful country and impressive to me. Good luck in the woods!
Saw you tomorrow!

Darrel

Always enjoy seeing how folks live in other places where things are different than what I have always known. Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to pics of logging.  popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!