iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Toyota Recall list

Started by ElectricAl, March 10, 2010, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

I'm starting to worry.

Toyota vehicles not on the current recall list are running away.

DanG ,   We might be next.    :o

It's all fun and games until some one gets hurt.
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

pigman

I have a feeling Linda could stop any machine from running away. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

I can see the headlines.  Forklift going 94 MPH carrying an oak log.  Police can't stop it for fear of being forked in the trunk.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PineNut

Understand Toyota is going to put a computer monitor in their cars. Then when you are hanging on to a run away car, you can watch the blue screen of death.

SwampDonkey

Where's Tom? I heard he got into the same scrape the other day with his saw. Darn near sawed the swamp in half. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

We have a 100% Japanese built Toyota Camry hybrid...I hate that car...the fit and finish suck, the design is lousy and the quality of the paint sucks...2007...the year the quality probs cropped up in the tokyo built cars...won't be buying another Toyota.

When is Woodmizer gonna make cars? I want a Gasmizer Hybrid (tm) one with the Biofuel option....how much does premium cedar sawdust run a pound?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

timberfaller390

Nevermind the wood-mizer. When are the guys that designed the original Deere, Timberjack and CAT's gonna start designing cars?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

trailman

maybe its time for more americans to buy american again.  :P

bl73

Quote from: timberfaller390 on March 12, 2010, 10:32:51 PM
Nevermind the wood-mizer. When are the guys that designed the original Deere, Timberjack and CAT's gonna start designing cars?

wouldn't that be great if that could happen :)

Toolman

Quote from: trailman on March 13, 2010, 11:05:15 AM
There is no such thing as an American car anymore. My Tundra is built in Princeton,Ind. 6% of parts are from overseas. The Ford F250, 16% parts are from overseas. Which one is more American? I'd say the Tundra is. That 16% figure is advertised by Ford on the window sticker! Toyota employs thousands in this country from manufacturing, shipping,sales and service. They pay darn good wages. The difference is their employees don't pay a pimp(Union Boss) for the right to work. I've been a Ford man my whole life. But, in light of what I've learned about the waste and inefficiency the UAW creates, I will not buy from them anymore.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

D Hagens

Quote from: zopi on March 12, 2010, 06:09:28 PM
We have a 100% Japanese built Toyota Camry hybrid...I hate that car...the fit and finish suck, the design is lousy and the quality of the paint sucks...2007...the year the quality probs cropped up in the tokyo built cars...won't be buying another Toyota.

Me thinks that if I was going to buy a car the visual would be one of the first things that would be a factor in my decision.
If the fit, finish and paint were so bad then I don't think I would buy it, nor would I complain about it after the fact. After all I saw it, drove it and it was my money that bought it and I drove it off the lot.
I personally have never owned a Japanese car as I drive trucks, real trucks as in Ford, Chevy and Dodge. Full size with a full size box as it suits my needs for my business.
My ex-wife always and still doe's drive Hondas and Camry's and to be honest with you she's never had a problem and the cars have always been dependable. If I was to buy a car it would be Japanese.
My current wife drives GM cars and I personally have issues with them as they just don't have that strong dependable feel to them that I would like to see in a car.
American vehicles had their time and place till the market got flooded with vehicles that were more economical to drive.

zopi

Quote from: D Hagens on March 13, 2010, 01:35:34 PM

Me thinks that if I was going to buy a car the visual would be one of the first things that would be a factor in my decision.
If the fit, finish and paint were so bad then I don't think I would buy it, nor would I complain about it after the fact. After all I saw it, drove it and it was my money that bought it and I drove it off the lot.
I personally have never owned a Japanese car as I drive trucks, real trucks as in Ford, Chevy and Dodge. Full size with a full size box as it suits my needs for my business.
My ex-wife always and still doe's drive Hondas and Camry's and to be honest with you she's never had a problem and the cars have always been dependable. If I was to buy a car it would be Japanese.
My current wife drives GM cars and I personally have issues with them as they just don't have that strong dependable feel to them that I would like to see in a car.
American vehicles had their time and place till the market got flooded with vehicles that were more economical to drive.

yah..I drive Harley's and a Dodge Cummins...

To all appearances, the Camry was a pretty good deal..the lack of quality in those ares did not become apparent until later..like when the passenger visor dropped into my lap going down the road, because of the crappy little clip that holds it in...and could not be fixed because the way the stupid thing is designed the metal in the roof frame is so thin it won't support the clip going back in...little crap like that are endemic with this car...

The one thing that I cannot complain about is the powertrain reliability..has been rock solid thus far, and the wife drives alot and goes hard...

She might go with a diesel Jetta next...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

SwampDonkey

I have a cousin that would not own anything other than a Jetta.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodman58

I am on my 3rd Dodge truck. (1999, 2004, and 2006) They are all 3/4 ton desiels. Two of them were made in Mexico and one in Canada. If you think of the big three as being American made, think again.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

pigman

They were all American made, North American made. :)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

bl73

Quote from: Toolman on March 13, 2010, 01:33:20 PM
Quote from: trailman on March 13, 2010, 11:05:15 AM
There is no such thing as an American car anymore. My Tundra is built in Princeton,Ind. 6% of parts are from overseas. The Ford F250, 16% parts are from overseas. Which one is more American? I'd say the Tundra is. That 16% figure is advertised by Ford on the window sticker! Toyota employs thousands in this country from manufacturing, shipping,sales and service. They pay darn good wages. The difference is their employees don't pay a pimp(Union Boss) for the right to work. I've been a Ford man my whole life. But, in light of what I've learned about the waste and inefficiency the UAW creates, I will not buy from them anymore.

you can thank mostly NAFTA and CAFTA for most of the american parts being outsourced and the UAW does have many flaws but don't base all unions on the UAW.

SwampDonkey

He said UAW, none other in his statement. Maybe perhaps, "pimp union boss" can be misconstrued if someone wants to do so. But I'll come right out with it, I'm not a union backer, there. :D

bl73

so "pimp union boss" wasn't a dig ::)

SwampDonkey

Well when you loose your job and pension, who still gets paid in the end? Maybe it's fitting.  ;)

shinnlinger

You can thank unions for getting us ALL more than 50cents a day, 40 hour workweeks, and the weekend.  OH and workman's compensation, wether in a union or not.

There may be some examples of individuals have taken advantage of their union association, and even outright corruption, but overall unions have made things much better for all peoples who need to work for a living.

It was NOT the UAW that made the poor design decisions or decided to make SUV's when more efficient vehicles were what people wanted.

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

logwalker

Quote from: shinnlinger on March 14, 2010, 01:52:39 PM
You can thank unions for getting us ALL more than 50cents a day, 40 hour workweeks, and the weekend.  OH and workman's compensation, wether in a union or not.

Maybe 40 years ago but not anymore. Tell me why in today's world a government employee needs to belong to a union.

Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

SwampDonkey

Everything would have eventually worked itself out through human rights activism. Increasing wages as with unions creates distortion the way I see it, drives prices up where the less fortunate can not afford to buy the goods. Regulate a "floor" or minimum wage and a whole lot more people can afford stuff. I also believe the employer has rights to. He/she is the boss, knows what your worth and if they want to retain good talent they will pay for it. ;)

bl73

Quote from: logwalker on March 14, 2010, 10:51:56 PM

Maybe 40 years ago but not anymore. Tell me why in today's world a government employee needs to belong to a union.

Joe

thats cause the government employees don't even trust the government ::)

easymoney

yes wouldnt it be great if every job in this country was union? just think instant prosperity for everyone. the end of poverty in this country. we all could all sing good times are here again. we would not have a care in this world the union would see that we was never overworked and was paid a fair wage. ;D ::)

Toolman

There may be some examples of individuals have taken advantage of their union association, and even outright corruption, but overall unions have made things much better for all peoples who need to work for a living.

It was NOT the UAW that made the poor design decisions or decided to make SUV's when more efficient vehicles were what people wanted.

It's the UAW that insisted on programs like the "job banks" whereas employees sit around all day and get paid for producing absolutely nothing! Phooey! I will never spend a dime on an organization that practices that kind of stupidity and then expects the tax payer to bail them out. It's no wonder companies move out of this country.  Who wants to deal with those kind of insane demands and expect to turn a profit?  I'm so done with Unions! If it's Union made, I turn my back on it. It's time for the consumer and taxpayer to take a stand. There are enough labor laws on the books to prevent the abuse of an employee, which is what the Unions original intent was. The market will dictate the wages, not a Union or a Politician. I agree 100% with Logwalker. Government employees should be banned from Unionizing. It just costs us all in the long run. Besides, too many Gov. jobs produce nothing except more regulations,red tape and fraud.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Thank You Sponsors!