iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

There were top twenty plaques and then there was ten categories awards. Best Car, Best Truck, Best engine, best interior, best paint, Under construction, Kids choice, Veterans car, Alumni car and "show stopper"  You needed to dress to fit your cars year or personality for that one.  The truck won first place in Under Construction. I think they wanted to give it an award and they didn't know which one to put it. Little did they know that MR. Truck is pretty much finished!  :D :D Pretty cool award, the only one there like it. The rest were all plaques of some sort or another. This one was a tire clock, and it has wrenches for hands.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Good for you guys!  You just gave me a really good idea in the process of winning that, just this afternoon I was trying to get an old wooden spoke wheel off a running gear, never noticed in the last 12 years I owned the place it was actually still all intact, wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but wanted it.  Only thing was I was in kind of a hurry and as I would've done they bent a nail in the castle nut that I couldn't get out but I know where it lives so to speak  ;).

PA_Walnut

That paint job is PERFECT!! Love it!  8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Hilltop366

Good for you!

By the way these car guys know better, there always "under construction".

Magicman

Yup, I love the "Under Construction" moniker for the M.R. Truck.  He ain't petite and sweet but is tough and beefy and earned the title.   smiley_thumbsup

At the next show he will be asking the other contestants; "wanna see my new King Pins" ??   :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

As spring approaches I'm thi king about Mr. Truck. I'm designing some step plates to help protest his wood running boards. What do yoozguys thing of this?

The powered by part would use a stencil font because of the holey letters.

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup  That also takes care of the questions regarding "door stenciling".

Peter Drouin

Is it going to made out of metal or plastic?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Metal. Diamond plate.  Here is another version. Black on top.

Dave Shepard

I like the black version. It matches the truck better and looks clearer. The diamond tread plate is a bit flashy for Mr. Truck.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Hilltop366

Second one (black) for me.

Jeff

How about black diamond plate?

Peter Drouin

I like the plane black, The black diamond is too busy looking.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

I like the black iamond plate, also. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

The diamond plate would be anodized I think. Working with Tamiam and Kevin on this.  Diamond plate so it ain't slick.

Hilltop366

To me the black should not be shinier than the truck so the first black one is more pleasing to my eye, if the black checker plate was a little duller it would be almost as good. :D

Jeff

isawlogs

, I like the black diamond plate, flat black.. ;)   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Don P

Not sure what would happen, what if you pick up some of the red from the body... maybe in the strips, dunno?

21incher

I like the black, but wonder how it would look if the lettering was just the outline shadows using the Forestry Forum font. Those sharp corners on the back look out of place with all the sexy curves on the truck to me :o . Or you could cut everything out and let the beautifull wood grain show through. :)
Just throwing some ideas out.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

The idea is to protect the wood. If I left it cut out, water, dirst and grime would get in there all the time and you wouldn't get it out.

How about this? Mr. Truck's colors?

Jeff

I missed your suggestion @Don P I think you nailed it!

Magicman

We scrolled up and looked at the whole truck e/w red wheels as well as the burnished red showing through the black. 

"She" said black diamond plate with the red.  I agree.

Jeff

Color adjustment. Yes, this is it.

Thank You Sponsors!