iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wheelchair motor wiring for auto feed

Started by revid, June 10, 2016, 07:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revid

Haha Kbeitz how the *DanG do you one up with it?? Thanks for all that guys buy will try and look for a "proper "like resister  or something robbed from something else. Any more ideas?

pineywoods

Nothing wrong with using 2 motors to move the head. Power consumption will
normally be close to the same as using 1 motor. Plus you have the extra power available if you need it. Like for a board dragback. A resistor will consume as much power as a lamp, just makes heat instead of light. Most controllers will do a continuous check on motor and brake status. Think about it, they are purposed designed for a wheel chair. Just about any safety situation is accounted for. Boogeying down the sidewalk and 1 motor quits, resulting in a violent turn into the dead motor, likely tossing the occupant out. Likewise on the brake. When the joystick is in neutral, both brakes are applied. Exiting a chair with one brake applied and the other broken could get a bit dicey.. If for some reason you need to use only 1 motor, get one off a scooter, only 1 motor used...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Kbeitz

Quote from: revid on June 19, 2016, 09:00:45 PM
Haha Kbeitz how the *DanG do you one up with it?? Thanks for all that guys buy will try and look for a "proper "like resister  or something robbed from something else. Any more ideas?

Easy to make...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Den-Den

Quote from: Magicman on June 18, 2016, 09:55:19 PM
QuoteI got a good multimeter because someone gave it to me
You need "multimeter 101", and now that you need it, now is the time to learn. 

Magicman is right; getting this to work is going to require some learning or lots of help, keeping it working will require the learning.  You don't have to become an electrical guru but understanding volts, ohms, amps and their relationship will go a long way.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

fishfighter

You killing yourself. Why not just order the controller KB has put up? Yep, it takes forever, but in the long run, once it is done, it's done and you will have better control over all. ;D

Hell, I'm still waiting on sprockets. >:(

Kbeitz

Quote from: fishfighter on June 20, 2016, 06:27:04 AM
You killing yourself. Why not just order the controller KB has put up? Yep, it takes forever, but in the long run, once it is done, it's done and you will have better control over all. ;D

Hell, I'm still waiting on sprockets. >:(
And it's so easy to replace when you do have a problem...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

fishfighter

I did order two, but should of ordered three. I will be using one to lift the head and one for tracking.  Would be nice to have a spare on hand. ;D

revid

I had ordered one with another motor but it fried it.I hooked it up just like guys here suggested.It worked fine as long as it was going fast but when slowed down like I wanted it ,it burnt out. So guys suggested to buy these wheel chair motors so thats what I did.I bought one with the joystick and control box figuring it would work fine cause everything from same machine. I wonder if I could get rid of the control box and just use motor and joystick cause thats where the speed control knob is?

Den-Den

The control box is the speed control, the joystick is just an input to the control box it is not the speed control.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

revid

Fishfighter did you use wheel chair motors also? If so can you tell me how and what you did? I ordered another controller like Kb uses just in case I dont get my present setup working. I just dont understand what happened the first time,the setup is not rocket science,lol.

Thank You Sponsors!