iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Proposed Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant Moves To Business Stage Of Planning

Started by submarinesailor, July 30, 2012, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

As a good number of you know, when you bring an oil well into production, a large amount of what's called associated natural gas gets flared(burnt) into the air.  Well I have always believed that it was a hugh waste of energy.  2 other things go along with this: 1. The EPA has come out and proposed a new rule that requires anything after the first 200,000 MCF must be captured.  2.  Methane is about 60 times the greenhouse gas the CO2 is.

So with very little to no infrastructure to get the North Dakota's out to the market, a lot of it gets flared and just vented to the open air.  This is why I think it is an outstanding idea to build this new plant.  Right where the main product source is, as well as its major market.

Check out the article:  http://m.farmandranchguide.com/news/regional/proposed-nitrogen-fertilizer-plant-moves-to-business-stage-of-planning/article_1c81bcce-cf42-11e1-9abc-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

It's going to be very interesting to see if it makes it all the way though to construction and into production.

Bruce

Kansas

I think it is a great idea. As high as anhydrous ammonia is, nitrogen is high. Imagine urea is too. And with all the wheat and such planted up there, across S Dakota and Nebraska, I think it should work well.

Thank You Sponsors!