iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One Big O Nail

Started by Kevin_H., November 12, 2004, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

My wife, lynette was sawing along a couple of days ago and all of a sudden the WM Stopped cutting.

The motor was running, The blade was spinning, but it twernt cutting.

Well we quickly deduced that we musta hit something, that was an under statement.

We just had to cut it out so we could get a pic.

Yep took the set right out of the blade.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Now THAT  is  staple!   :o
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

dail_h

yep,
   That'l stop most mills cuttin
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

customsawyer

Yea that must of been one of those left over from Texas.  :D :D :D :D :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

chet

Boy just think of the size of da fencing dat bugger would have held up.   :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin_H.

From What we could tell there was two of these holding up a line to dry clothes on.

We cut the second one out with the chain saw.

These came out of a sycamore that was about 50" on the butt, We had to rip it in half with chainsaw before we could saw it up.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Buzz-sawyer

Good to see ya postin Kevin, been wondering how your doin. :)..What are you cuttin out ofthe  ???syc
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

That's probably a staple from the wooden covering that goes over the Ground wire on a light pole.  ;D  Bet the guy was a lineman that drove that there staple.  ;D ;D ;) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

Hey harold we found what looked like plastic clothes line tied in a knot under the staple, I bet your 100% right on what the staple was originally intended for.

Hey buzz we are cutting pallet deck boards out of the sycamore, seems like with the wet weather we have been having,logs are on the short side and people are begging for pallet material.

DonE911

Thats a big'n....  

I've seen some big staples that old timers used to drive in the wooden members around old bridges that cross the intercoastal waterways and its finger creeks.  There are some under the FEC Railroad crossing in Stuart.

My grandfather told me they were a saltwater troutline of sorts.. used for catching sharks and jewfish... just bait the hooks with a chicken and come check it tomorrow.  Tom or Charlie are from down here, they may remember them.

Never saw one that big though... I'm sure the original purpose was more like what FDH said.

Thank You Sponsors!