iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The finial piece of My ensemble

Started by jamesamd, June 17, 2012, 05:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesamd

I finished this in early April and since then been struggling with Our staircase.I'll post that trial later.
I don't think I'll be adding any more to this ensemble,I've run out of milled cherry.:D
Thanks for the insperation,Ya''ll do some wonderfull pieces.
And a Happy Fathers Day,to all!
Jim

lower shelf

draw

left side

right side

the ensemble
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Magicman

That entire ensemble is very nice indeed.  I love the unique pattern.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Looks nice James. Nice spot to kick back and relax to.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

sandhills

Excellent!  Most every time I look at this board I have to wonder why all you folks don't do this for a living, no exception here for sure (then again maybe you do).

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Woodchuck53

That's fine stuff. I like the office chair. I finally got me a couple pcs of cherry and can't wait to clean it up and make something.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Lud

Real nice.  Like the tree silhouette on the chair.  What finish?   ???
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Phorester

WDH

I fell in love with that chair once before, and I am falling in love with that table!  That low shelf is very cool.  I also like the flow, symmetry, and the lines of all the pieces.  Beautiful!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

Thank You Guy's for the kind words!
It is great to get,positive feedback,from other craftsmen. :D
Lud,the finish is Watco Danish Oil (neutral or natural,I dont remember the lable) then finished with a coat of bowling alley wax.
Smoothe as a baby's rump.:D
WDH,I thought long on that lower shelf.Each side has a 3/8",drop in spacer 1/2" tall,to center it.I'm not much on dusting,so I can remove the shelf,bring it down to My shop and blow it clean with shop air. :D
No,I'm not lazy,I just plan well ahead of the future,I must be a SEER. :D
Jim

Dan_Shade

I really like it.

My only critique would be that the left board of the top glue up doesnt grain match very well.  I probably would have flipped it around so that the "cathedrals" were pointed the same way, hoping for good flow from one peice to the next.

The color matching of all three peices is awesome.

I give it 4 stars   8) 8) 8) 8)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jamesamd

Quote from: Dan_Shade on June 18, 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I really like it.

My only critique would be that the left board of the top glue up doesnt grain match very well.  I probably would have flipped it around so that the "cathedrals" were pointed the same way, hoping for good flow from one peice to the next.

The color matching of all three peices is awesome.

I give it 4 stars   8) 8) 8) 8)

Yup!That didn't rear its head untill,the finish went on. :D
Some times I can't see the Forest,for the Trees. ;d
Jim

Dan_Shade

I think poor color and grain matching is the biggest mistake that amateur woodworkers make while building furniture.

I do know that it takes a lot more wood than you would think to make a "perfect" peice.  Those of us with sawmills have a huge advantage on color matching, when we can get boards from the same tree, which helps to match color and grain. 

I like to use rift sawn lumber for my projects.  It makes grain matching very easy!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!