iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is there anybody on the forum that talks Peterson? (clutch trouble)

Started by Nate Surveyor, September 05, 2010, 07:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Surveyor

I did not run my mill for some 20 months. The rust seems to have gotten to the clutch, and caused the fiber to separate from the fly weights.
It has the 24 hp honda. Any suggestions on fixing it?
My neighbor is planning to bring me a puller tomorrow, and we can pull the old clutch off. As you probably could guess, dumb ideas have done flitted through my head.... like how to lock the clutch up, so it can mill!

Any suggestions?

A pile of logs waiteth!

N
I know less than I used to.

StephenRice

Is this a centrifugal clutch like on a chainsaw?  Or something totally different?
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

maple flats

Sorry, even though mine often set for 6+ months I have not yet had any problems. Advise us what you discover.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Nate Surveyor

It is centrifugal. I can measure the shaft size too.  :'( :'( :'(

Nate

scsmith42

Nate, send Captain an e-mail.  He probably has a replacement in stock, or can tell you where to find one.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Nate Surveyor

Thanks Scott..... I already have sent him an email... I have not yet heard back from him. I was not sure he was still doing the stuff he used to do.

Nate

StephenRice

Yeah, if the composite clutch pads are coming loose or separating, then it is definitely time to replace them.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

weisyboy

how old is the mill?

you can temporarily lock it on if you have to get timber cut and parts are gunna be a wile.

but best to just fix it.

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

sigidi

Best to get it opened up to see exactly what the problem is, then a solution will be quicker and permanent - best way to get into those logs  ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!