iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farmall 300 missing a tooth.

Started by MartyParsons, February 14, 2018, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
  We had some issues with the gear shifter jumping out and the transmission getting in two gears at once.

Is there any place to get gaskets for these early tractors?

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Jack S

steinertractor.com possibly. I have their catalog and they show some 300 parts. Also you might try and find some old international dealers. I've also had good luck with an ebay search on old ford and John deere parts buy it now. their  are and were a lot 300s out their  good luck   
                                      Jack

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've got a book around here somewhere to order that stuff.
I'll see if I can find it.

O Rileys may can get them.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Don P

ASAP, All States Ag Parts is another you might can try. I hate getting stuck between gears.

dave hummell

Get the Lancaster farmer and read it everyone is in there that sells parts

pineywoods

Stevens Tractor co. Located in coushatta, Louisiana. Their web site and catalog show lots of international parts. Gears and such, you will probably have to go used. There is a large tractor graveyard located in se mo., can't remember the name. Google should find it
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Corley5

Bates Home Page

"Bates Corporation has the largest exclusive IH Used & Rebuilt Parts Inventory in North America. Specializing in IH tractor parts from the 1940's to the present carrying new replacement, used & rebuilt tractor parts. Thousands of items are on the shelf ready for immediate shipment with parts being added daily. We have those hard-to-find discontinued IH Tractor Parts. We have the IH Parts you can't find elsewhere!"
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

MartyParsons

Hello,
Gear was pretty easy to find. Gaskets seem to be a little more of a challenge.
We have three of the Farmall 300 all with loaders and power steering. The T/A on this unit does not work be we never use it on the others. I think I will let it go.
Bates has the gear and the gasket for the transmission top. Thanks for the link.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Weekend_Sawyer

Check out carter and gruenwald Carter and Gruenewald Company, Inc.
I have had very good luck getting parts for old farmalls from them.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

glad you found it, I was going to say Eisemanns ? sorry about the spelling, the gear shouldn't be hard to find and if nothing else just make the gasket, there's a lot of those tractors still around here.  Funny this came up now I just heard the other day about a (somewhat) local furniture store having a close out sale, they also used to be an IH dealership way back in the day and still have a lot of parts but I can't find the sale bill  ::).

Kbeitz

Better see if you can find that little part. It could be hard on you'r other gears.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Corley5

I've got a 1955 300 Farmall that my Great Great Uncle Russel Collins bought new.  It's a favorite.  I remember as a kid being in his shed with Grandpa and being very interested in it.  It looked kinda like the H Grandpa had but it surely wasn't an H :D ;D  Later Grandpa bought it from the estate and I spent many hours on it baling hay, chopping hay, pulling wagons etc.  It needs an overhaul now @ 6,000+ original hours 8)  I don't remember the TA ever working.  Pulling the lever back is like kicking it into neutral ;) ;D  The brakes aren't much either ;) :D and it's a real gas hog compared to an H.  Grandpa always pointed that out 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Southside

I was told those T/A's are often just a fork adjustment issue, can't confirm that as I have not yet torn into mine that has not worked for quite a few years too. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

MartyParsons

Hello,
   Ordered the gaskets from the local dealer. He did not tell me the price and I sure did not ask. They will be here tomorrow. Gear is $ 75.00 from the place where farm equipment dies.
Thanks for your help.
Marty

Dave Shepard

Wenger's in Myerstown, PA should have a ton of parts, too. Haven't been there in 30 years.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JB Griffin

I know nothing about farmalls, but with fordson dextas hangin betwix two gears is very common and is caused by worn shift forks. As anyone who used a wore out dexta will know you just pull the shift top off and line up the shift forks and shifters and your good to go.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Kbeitz

When that happens to a garden tractor the detent springs are broken.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

MartyParsons

Going back together.

Missing a few 7/16" bolts that broke off when the top was removed. It took about 7 gal of 80/90 gear oil. I think it was the original oil from 1950's in the gear box.  I may need to remove the top again, the shifter gates are really worn, it may jump out again.

All back together. Ready for another 60+ years. 
Thanks
Marty

maple flats

I'm missing a tooth too, but I still eat OK.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!