iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Proccesing Equipment Friend of our Forum

Started by Jeff, October 15, 2018, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I wanted to start a special topic thanking member @glassman_48 for all the things he does to help the Forestry Forum. Mostly is all unseen by the membership, but over the years, it has been substantial help for Tammy and I, which in turn is help for the forum. Not so much financial support, but coming up with things as barter that helps us as we try to help him. For example, a couple years ago at the pigroast, Ed noticed how bad our windows in the house were fogged and some broke. Unbeknownst to us, he went around and measured them all, He then came to me and asked me if I was interested in getting new windows put in. We knew they were in tough shape, but could not afford to do anything about it. Ed didn't want to sell us windows, he wanted to make sure we had decent windows and in exchange we would offer more sponsorship exposure. A great deal for us AND as I said, in turn for the Forestry Forum. So last year he came and replaced everyone of those 30 year old decrepit windows. It was like getting a new house. We could once again see out side!

Ed for the last several years has had the sponsor banner on the left promoting Brute force, as he is an authorized dealer. Brute force however is not our sponsor, Ed is.  There have been times in the past where people learn about bruteforce via the Forestry Forum, but instead of going through Ed, go directly to the manufacture. When that happens Ed does not get the credit due for being our sponsor.  Ed comes to the pigroasts so many of you have met him and know what a friendly kind soul he is, and that he truly does love the Forestry Forum and it's members. He's always apologizing to me that he can't do more, and I'm always concerned that we don't do enough. If that sounds like a true friendship it is because it is.

I recently changed the banners that point to Ed's website to just say firewood processors. Ed offers all kinds of equipment and he can offer it to anyone in the U.S.  in fact, he recently completed a deal and delivered a new Brute Force Processor to Oklahoma!  That's a ways from home base in Kalkaska Michigan!

I also help Ed with his website he gave me the opportunity to build a few years ago. (that is how I got my old ford 8n's he had taken in trade on a processor. A barter. I never knew I needed a tractor, now I don't know what I'd do without it.)

This is a cool edition that will soon go on his website.  The new Brute Force Slasher processor.  Very little info on it yet, but this will be about the first place you will see it.

74 H.P. Kohler Diesel Engine
5+ Cords Per Hour Rating

I just wanted to let the membership and guests of this forum know that we have a man and a sponsor and a member out there that deserves some further recognition. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

glassman_48

Jeff, 
Thank you for the kind words, one of our forum members from Vermont, called me last week and is getting prices on our larger diesel machines, and now our new slasher saw machine. Another member from Midland recently stopped too, and I may end up hunting with him and his brittany someday.  I don't take a wage for our firewood products yet, I just keep using any profits to purchase more machinery, or log grapples, firewood processors, splitters etc. so I have more to offer customers. (which is why I am so broke all the time :laugh:) My goal is to grow the inventory and be able to have many different products available for purchase. Brute force has been kind enough to allow me to sell literally anywhere because of the good exposure that we get from the forestry forum.  If any member of the forestry forum contacts me or anyone sees my ad in the forestry forum, please make sure you let me know where you saw my information.  I will offer a discount whenever possible which will ultimately help the forestry forum and Jeff and Tammi. I have had many great experiences in here, reading and learning and I always get help when I have questions about stuff I don't understand and need help with. My favorite "forestry forum" experience of late was the last pig roast, watching the kids win a door prize, then many of them got more prizes after that.  I am going to try to get my grand kids to come down and experience this event.  Jeff and Tammi and their family and friends  all work so hard and put on the best pig roast that I have ever seen :laugh:

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

glassman_48

Bruno,
Thanks, the new slasher saw machine is impressive, the conveyor swivels just like our larger processors.  We are trying to get a video that was taken from the great lakes logging show in Oshkosh Wisconsin in September so Jeff can put it on my website. The price for the new slasher saw is $76,995.00 plus shipping and any applicable taxes, I just got the price from manufacturer. (Prices are subject to change)(I put that on all literature and quotes)  The forestry forum is the largest advertisement undertaking I have ever done.  I could not or would not of attempted this without jeff's help.  He has done such a good job. I trust Jeff, he always gives honest and direct advice which is what I need. Thanks again, Ed Norman

Thank You Sponsors!