iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by thecfarm, November 20, 2018, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I want to wish all of you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. Eat a lot and enjoy the family life.  smiley_turkey_dancing
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

And to you, and all.  smiley_turkey_dancing smiley_turkey_dancing smiley_turkey_hide smiley_turkey_hide food3 digin_2
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

goose63

May every one have a safe and happy Thanksgiveing.

And say a prayer our troops over sea's
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

John Mc

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We already celebrated ours on Sunday. It was a bit of a family reunion: Kim's parents came in, my mother, two of my sisters, one brother, one brother-in-law, two nieces (with their boyfriends - one of which it was just announced is now a fiancé). They came in early to see the local high school's muscial, Newsies, in which my son was performing and my daughter was working on the tech crew.

It was a great weekend! However, now we are left wondering what to do on Thursday.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

WV Sawmiller

Happy T-Day to all. We're doing ours Friday because son is working that afternoon and DIL is on call and expects to be called in. Daughter is working day before and day after so can't travel. we'll try to do an early combination Christmas and 2 year BDay for our grandson when she comes up. DIL's family will join us here this year as we have more room.

Enjoy all that left over turkey. Makes great pot pie, fried rice, sweet & sour turkey as well as sandwiches.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm going to my brothers, huntin' in the morning stuffing in the afternoon, sleepin' at night!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Happy Thanksgiving day to all from the swamp!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

Happy Thanksgiving to all from NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

Have a good one and play safe. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Happy turkey Day everyone.
Michelle helped dress birds over at a friends house the other day and brought home a 21 pounder, one of the runts. I enjoyed it at lunch and supper today, delish. Got a little more concrete work and log loading in the morning then going over to "work" on the big one, it dressed out at 40lbs :o.

thecfarm

40 is right. :o   We had one that went almost 40,might just as well say 40,39 point something. We had it cut in half. Than we got them later and dress weight was around the 15 mark.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

I'm happy to be thankful and thankful for being happy.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

SwampDonkey

My uncle raised some of those big ones once, I mean once. It was funny, he never tied the legs and wings in, so imagine getting a big bird in the oven with stiffened up legs. Most of them had to be halved as it was. Butchering the things is more work than raising them, that is for sure. :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Happy Thanksgiving all! Going out to dinner with mom. She's too old to cook, and if it were up to me to prepare it, it would be tv dinners  :^D  The girl couldn't make it down. She had to to work today  :^(

dean herring

Happy Thanksgiving from LOUISIANA 
May you all have a safe and blessed day 
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Bibbyman

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Mary and I are doing well and enjoying retirement.  We fill our time with maintenance around the house and farm and hobbies.   We take a little "day trip" about every week but otherwise don't get to far from home. 

Mary is fixing a big Thanksgiving dinner for some of our family.   

Have a great day and don't go too crazy tomorrow on Black Friday.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

John Mc

Even though it dropped to 1˚F (-17˚C) last night, I'm thankful I live in a place that has real winters, and only occasionally gets up above 85˚F or so (though this past year pushed that "over 85˚" mark quite a bit).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

btulloh

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  
HM126

maple flats

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are having the feast at our house this year, the past few were at our oldest daughter's house but this year she had to work a long day on Wednesday. Thus she will come here, along with her daughter (2nd yr college), but not her son and our youngest son.
While it would be a huge surprise, we doubt our grandson can make it, he is in the Navy awaiting his next orders. He is in San Diego last we knew. We have not seen him since early Feb of this year.
Our oldest son and his family are having dinner with his BIL & family and our youngest daughter is going to her MIL & FIL's. We once had all here, about 3-4 years ago, it went well but we certainly were crowded at the table, actually 2 tables together, a 10' and an 8 '.
Me, thankful at being determined to be cancer free, and my wife, cancer free for 11 years.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Busysawyer

Happy Thanksgiving! Did the family thing for a few hours earlier today but unfortunately my baby twins have been sick.  It hit my 8 year old daughter and I today. To top it off the wife's car broke down on the way home from the church where my family get together was. Thankfully it was only about a half mile from home. I jogged home feeling like i was going to die. Also very thankful that i have an old strong running gmc truck that I used to tow the wifes car home. I have the worst flu I've had in years and will either be on the couch or in the bathroom for the foreseeable future. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Thank You Sponsors!