iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for some of the items listed in the tools posts

Started by Doc, March 02, 2005, 10:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

In particular a boring machine. I would even be interested in one that was not working but complete (busted gears maybe? or just plain worn out).

I am also interested in one of those ratcheting auger handles I saw someone else post (sorry for not remembering who posted it).

I have neglected to mention that one of my hobbies is blacksmithing, and knifemaking. I can offer some things for sale at a fair price that you folks may need. I would also be interested inthe proper dimensions of a slick (length, width, angles....a drawing or some good photos perhaps).

As things progress with this for me I am hoping to take up furniture making to go with the rest of my crazy hobbies. I work a "tech" job all day, and kinda miss working with my hands on something that will be around for more than a few months before it is forgotten about.

I am thinking along with taking this up withthe hopes of building my dream home, I am going to start out much smaller and build a nice size storage shed, a forge (with real coal/charcoal burning stone chimney firepot), and a good size barn and sawmill shed. I think I can move up from one small project to the next bigger one, attending raisings, and workshops, and push on through to the big job of my home.

This is gonna be fun, but I have no doubt about alot of work.

You guys are tops, and Jim....again I say, without all the input you have made here I doubt alot fo us woudl have done some of the stuff shown here. You are a real knowledgeable character for sure, and I do hope to meet you, work with you one day.

Doc

Jim_Rogers

Doc.
Go to the FF for sale section and look for thread about Timber Framing Tools for Sale.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!