iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hourly Rate - Small Skidder

Started by Kodiakmac, January 11, 2016, 08:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

Wow! That looks like some nice flat ground. I wasn't sure trees grew on anything less than 30%.  :D I'd like to try some of that flat stuff some day.  ;D
Oh, and congratulations on landing an apparently nice job.  smiley_thumbsup
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Kodiakmac

I finished everything and the skidder is floated home.  I did it for $95 CDN with the property owner supplying the fuel and paying the floating - that works out to about $72 USD at today's exchange rate. 

Now that I have finished, I've had time to sit down and figure things out with a depreciation table my accountant just found for me on the internet.   If I was asked to do the same thing tomorrow, I'd be charging no less than $120 CDN (a bit over $90 USD) and he would still be supplying the fuel and paying the floating.

So thanks for all the help and advice I got and I hope this might assist other FFers in the same position.

Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

KWood255

In comparison, I own and operate a small contracting business which mostly includes skid steer work, and snow plowing in the winter months. My skid steer is operated at $75/hr with me in it, Case 580 backhoe was $85/hr.

Both of these machines are modern, reliable and very reasonable to operate.

My latest Skidder is a TJ 350, 3-53 Detroit. It is my toy, and seldom used for any business purposes. In my opinion, I would be loosing money to hire it out for less than $100/hr.

Thank You Sponsors!