iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade muffler silencer for the 540A (thanks to tantoy)

Started by teakwood, April 08, 2015, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

Some pics of my new muffler for the Deere. I just hated it to use ear muffs the whole day with the heat we have around here. Not quiet that well fabricated as tantoys but it works, its a lot quieter now and no engine power lost! 
Tantoy: I hope you dont mind that i stolen your design?  dadgum you, Charlie!  I kind a liked it a lot.

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

dgdrls

nice looking Fab work,  whats she sound like??

DGDrls

treeslayer2003

it gonna rain in it with that turn up on there.......water in the engine, not good. sorry to rain on your parade, i'd hate to see you post next month that your engine had a bent rod.

Ford_man

Would it have been quieter if it were made longer? say the full length of the cab  then the exhaust would of been behind you. Just curious. I like the design.

tantoy

Quote from: teakwood on April 08, 2015, 03:20:46 PM
Some pics of my new muffler for the Deere. I just hated it to use ear muffs the whole day with the heat we have around here. Not quiet that well fabricated as tantoys but it works, its a lot quieter now and no engine power lost! 
Tantoy: I hope you dont mind that i stolen your design?  dadgum you, Charlie!  I kind a liked it a lot.

Nice, I will take that as a complement!
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

Straightgrain

Nice fab!

I suppose Manny, Moe, and Jack wouldn't stock them at Pep Boys... ;D
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

Mooseknuckle

Great job! Just slap this cap on and all will be good!!

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

teakwood

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on April 08, 2015, 07:28:54 PM
it gonna rain in it with that turn up on there.......water in the engine, not good. sorry to rain on your parade, i'd hate to see you post next month that your engine had a bent rod.
I did think of this. First i had it straight (pic 1,2) i did a test drive and alot of smoke did come in the cab and it was awful for the operator, so i cuted the pipe, turn it and welded it on again. now its alot higher and its actually alot better. As for the rain: we just log in dryseason for about 2-3 month a year, in the rainseason she is in the shop under the roof.

barbender

Nice work! I would get a cap on there regardless of only using it in the dry season. You'll get caught in the rain eventually.
Too many irons in the fire

lumberjack48

That end pipe sticking up like that won't last long.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

teakwood

Mooseknuckle

Sounds great teakwood, always enjoy seeing the finished product in action!! 8)
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

redprospector

That kinda makes that old John deere a "stealth" skidder. 
No one would know where I was, just where I had been.  :D
I'll probably keep being a redneck with a straight piped John Deere myself, But the 353 in my log loader could really use one of these.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

so il logger

Quote from: lumberjack48 on April 09, 2015, 09:27:30 AM
X2... nice work with the fabrication :) I see the end pipe getting mangled and rain is going to be a problem.

teakwood

Quote from: so il logger on April 12, 2015, 02:14:09 AM
Quote from: lumberjack48 on April 09, 2015, 09:27:30 AM
X2... nice work with the fabrication :) I see the end pipe getting mangled and rain is going to be a problem.

for everyone who dont know where i work: I just log in my plantations, no underbushes or hanging stuff around. just the teaktrees! no rain neither in dryseason.

Thank You Sponsors!