iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First FF member visit

Started by Treehack, August 22, 2018, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treehack

I had to travel down to Sarasota, FL. to pick up my oldest daughter from a summer internship.  Had the chance to pay a visit to the famous(infamous) WDH on the way down to check out his setup.  WOW, what a beautiful piece of property and a nice setup.  You can tell he has put a lot of work into building his operation and property.  Exactly what I'd like to have when I grow upI :D.  I appreciate him taking time out of his day to give me the full tour.  Wish I had a little more time.  Could have talked trees, wood, and equipment all day.  Thanks for the good southern hospitality.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Magicman

Yup, a visit to WDH's place is a real treat plus educational. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Eric,

I really enjoyed your visit.  It is good to put faces with names here on the Forum.  I have met some very fine people via this Forum that I would never have had the opportunity to meet and get to know.  You are always welcome, and I promise that I will not ply you with grits.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Treehack

DanG, forgot about grits.  Guess I'll have to stop by again sometime now.  Will be a while though as it will take me some time to work through my planer envy.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

WV Sawmiller

Did you fill up on boiled peanuts while you were there?

I went south for wife's 45 year HS reunion last month and we came back with plenty of green peanuts and watermelons straight from the field. We are on our way home this time after getting wife's truck bed replaced and picked up about 35 lbs of scuppernongs/muscadines which should be preserves by Saturday.

Glad you got to see Danny. Another check marked on your bucket list.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

I definitely could have supplied him with a batch of boiled peanuts, just did not think of it.  Senoritis. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Papa1stuff

Grits I like ,by boiled peanuts ,yuk!! ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

lxskllr

Boiled peanuts are kind of good. I get them in cans every so often. Not sure it's an improvement over roasted peanuts, but they're a nice change of pace.

WDH

The canned ones are not very good compared to the fresh ones that we boiled at the Pig roast.

Thank You Sponsors!