iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recommended Brands/Models

Started by Rprescot3, February 21, 2019, 12:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rprescot3

@wild262 jeezuz, I read that totally wrong! Engine seizure due to lean mix, right? Too many people suing other people here in California!

lxskllr

Quote from: Rprescot3 on March 04, 2019, 11:31:48 AM

Not understanding the lien seizure though- I'm buying the saws outright, and creditors file liens against debtors.
I think you both may have the terminology wrong. Lean seizure is too much air to gas mixture, eg the high screw isn't set rich enough. Not sure what you'd call too little 2stroke oil. None at all would be straight gassed.

Brings up a good point though. Since you're going Stihl, it might be worth getting all Mtronic saws. That'll keep people that /think/ they know how to tune equipment from monkeying with the carb settings, and burning up a saw.

wild262

Quote from: Rprescot3 on March 04, 2019, 11:35:46 AM
@wild262 jeezuz, I read that totally wrong! Engine seizure due to lean mix, right? Too many people suing other people here in California!

Well I meant to say it would prevent the saw from being straight gassed.  And yes, Monotune would even further help maybe as well if the cost of those saws are in your budget. Keep in mind they would need software up dates from time to time as well.  Are you going to do that, or take them to the dealer?    And I agree with the suing part.  Nobody wants to talk things out anymore and work to a solution.  Suing seems to be easier. ::)   

Rprescot3

I'll be having the dealer handle all the updates and whatnot. Depending on the saw/product, they'll double your warranty if you buy bar oil or a case of engine oil. My plan is to sell my used saws within their 2 year warranty period and buy new. They'll always be under warranty and new/newer than what competitors are renting.

realzed

I believe that if you use saws for commercial use - then the warranty is limited to 90 days or something like that, and I'm sure rental of saws would be considered as such.. 
You may wish to check it out for yourself prior to buying the saws let alone whatever other stuff like any extra oil that may believe will make any coverage longer.. Just Say'n..  

Thank You Sponsors!