iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring

Started by r.man, March 10, 2013, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

Has spring reached many of you yet? For the second day in a row I have been working outside in a tee shirt because my coat is too warm. First day tapping a few trees and today using the splitter. The weather network is predicting a slight downward trend in our area for a few days but I think the end of winter is near.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Sonofman

I do not want to jinx it here, but the forecast for the next 10 days is hi 40's and mid 50's at night and mid 60's to low 70's. If Spring is not here yet, someone better tell my pear trees, cause they will be blooming in about 2 days at these temps.

I am glad to see it. smiley_turkey_dancing
Located due west of Due West.

sawguy21

Sure felt like it here yesterday, sunny and around 10C (low 50's to most of you).
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Not to rain snow on your parade,but I have seen 2-3 snow storms a week in March.  :(  But the long range forecast does look good. But still never know. One thing I hope for sure,we should be done with the 10° temps for 3-4 days straight. I never count on the weather.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sap started here last week. Been mild though for about 3 weeks or little more. From Mid Feb until June I burn about 2 cords most years. Don't look no different this year. Have a fire once a day from here on out.  :) Last year we had a week in the 70's in mid March. Ducks are back here now, some small rivers are open, I assume some beaver ponds are open to. Saw a flock of ducks on the small river here and saw 2 flying by over tater fields, assumed came from a beaver pond heading to the creek.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Was that the year that we had no mud season,than from May to June it rained and we had MUD?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Rained a lot last June, Patten got 12" in one storm, we got about 7".  :o Then turned dry here, the grass was all brown. When mowing I just blew dust around. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Logging logginglogging

Its getting there here... But the farmers almanac says one more storm before March is over.
I just want the snow to melt so I can get going on my projects areound here.

Roger2561

Man, with the temps over the weekend in the 50's and again today and tomorrow, I'm itching to get on my motorcycle.  But, the temps are supposed to lower by the end of the week into the 30's.  If it would rain hard enough to wash the salt from the roads, I'm tempted to take it out over this coming weekend.  Can you say Cabin Fever? 
Roger

Logging logginglogging

Yeah I know what you mean.... it is suposed to get cold by thursday again. My wife saw that her tulips and dafidills were already coming up.. when she went out to the car for work this am... I dident get to see thm bacause i alwasy leave in th dark, but I plan to check it out tonight when i get home

drobertson

Yea, it's getting closer, 1-1/2 of rain yesterday followed by sunshine and upper 50's, followed by the beautiful sound of spring peepers!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

yellowrosefarm

Last week we had 17" of wet, wet snow. This week it was in the 60's. Peepers are out down at the creek and the pasture is just starting to show some green. I put turkey manure on the fields last fall and with all this moisture over the winter, it should be a banner year for grass.

SwampDonkey

Neighbors collected 250 gallons of sap yesterday again, were boiling this afternoon.

Had a little light snow here, nothing to measure was all gone and sun out by afternoon.

hockeyguy

38 degrees with sun this afternoon felt great until.......clouds came in with flurries and brought temps. down to 31 at 6.00 pm. Forecast is for highs in the 30's for the upcoming week.  Guess that tease of spring last weekend is over. Starting to worry about the size of the wood pile.

red oaks lumber

highs in the low to mid 20's up to a foot of snow by monday, lows the next couple of night below zero :( no spring on our horizon
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

r.man

The mud stiffened up yesterday and I doubt the sap ran today. Had flurries this morning and nice but cold this aft. Springs on hold for five days or so and then the sap should start up for the full run.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

SwampDonkey

Won't be no sap today neither, temp dropped to 16 F. Not unless it warms a lot. It is sunny and bright though. ;D

pep

No spring here yet.  -23C this morning, high of -13. Still plenty of snow in bush, maybe 3ft., 8-10 ft. piles of snow from plowing.  Ice won't be off the lakes for at least 4 or 5 weeks.  Sure is dragging on.

Cheers

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

25 F here now, won't be melting today unless it's on asphalt. ;D

Not a lot of snow in the woods here, 6" under the firs and maybe 15" where the hazels catch the snow in the wind. And the deep spots are usually on top of big open voids, so if you break through there's an exaggerated snow depth.

chevytaHOE5674

Hoping spring will arrive by sometime in Mid-April this year, but the way the temps are holding and the snow keeps falling it could be May....  :D

Logging logginglogging

we usually dont get spring till May in northern VT....And man oh man was it cold this AM. its gonna warm up some because we have a large snowstorm on the way in a couple
days.

Sonofman

Well, I knew Better, but I posted(see #2) and now I am Jinxed. Saturday was 78 deg and sunny. Sunday was 75 deg and sunny. Forecast for today was Hi 68, Low 48, cloudy and some rain. It has not seen the high side of 43 here all day, with a cold drizzly mist. It could not be more opposite than what we had this weekend. Oh well, at least the nice days were the weekend for a change.
Located due west of Due West.

forest

It was minus -30 C two nights ago. That's about -22 F. Yesterday we got maybe six inches of snow. We have had what we call an old fashioned winter  in this area of Northwestern Ontario. We have had fine sunny days and the sun is strong. You can feel spring in the air, but it hasn't quite got to us yet.

Atlantic Trader

Overnight up until now we got hit with between 6-8 " of wet heavy snow, yesterday at 4pm there wasn't any on the ground, i did read in another post one more big storm before the end of March according to the almanac....

SwampDonkey

Wouldn't surprise me if there was 2 more. In 1998 we got 3 storms in quick succession the end of March that dumped over 3 feet.

There is at least 6" of fresh snow on the wood pile this morning. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!