iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cedar Harvest 03

Started by Corley5, March 15, 2003, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Here's some pics of our cedar logging operation.  We usually try to get into the swamp sooner than we did this year but the weather was so COLD this winter.  Using the little tractor and the skidding winch we cut our way into the swamp a little at time freezing a road as we go.  It looks like our real cold weather is over for now anyway but the place we're working has some high ground that we can work from and with a 150' of cable we can cover a pretty good area.  The tractor and the swamp belong to Steve Fitzner.  He 's the guy on the tractor.  The Fransgard 4000 skidding winch belongs to Dad and I.  It's been living at Fitzners for a while now as it gets the most use in his swamp.  We bought it new to skid our maple timber a few years ago.  Works like a charm.  Dad and I need about 800 bdft of sixteen foot cedar 1Xs for some barn doors and Steve needs some material to build an addition on to his son's barn.  For the barn addition there's some spruce and tamarack that we're going to use.  I've been using my 395 Husky for cutting this stuff.  It's a little heavy for this application but it makes quick work of softwood like this.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Great pics, Greg. I'm enjoying seeing all these logging pictures from different parts of the continent. Y'all keep'em coming!   8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!