iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little cookie table with Jack

Started by mmartone, January 08, 2014, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Heres another table we are focusing on as we have many in process. Its a pair of spalted oak cookies, slabs for legs with a sweetgum diamond and dadoed in sweetgum feet. The top and legs are sanded, we just glued in the feet tonight. Since the top has some soft spots we are probably going to table top epoxy it.

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

54Dutchman

I will be following this build 8).  How do you like the Panther CSM?

thecfarm

Show us more!! Is this for sell? make many to sell?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mmartone

Everythings for sale except my dogs (AKC Lab puppys will be for sale 8 weeks after they are born in Feb).... We are trying to build up some inventory so that we can do a show or otherwise someplace close like Destin or 30A where they have money to burn! We have a few more tables in process but are trying to focus on one at a time, otherwise none get finished. I'll show more as we progress on it.

I am waiting on some ripping chains to show up, I have a large piece of cedar I 'm going to try the 3120 and Panthermill on.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

mmartone

Ran the legs over the table saw and the joiner and got the sweetgum close to the oak and sanded. Jack cut a radius on the feet with the bandsaw and sanded the top of the feet smooth. Thats about all we got done as Jack had started pulling his JET planer apart for some new knives and a tune up.

I planed some cedar in my craftsman planer to build some shelves for a bunch of old ammo I have to display on top of my safe.

mmartone

I ordered a 2 gallon kit or Kleer kote table top epoxy from US Composites for this table top, hoping it will do well to fill in the cracks. Heres a few pics of the cookie table screwed together, its kind of "different" but its growing on me, should look alot different with a finish on it:

A little sweetgum for an apron on a reclaimed oak flooring table coming off the Jet 16-32 sander:

And the cedar cut up for my ammo shelves:

Magicman

I am anxious to see that cookie top after it is finished.  The entire project is very innovative.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mmartone

Thank you, means alot coming from one of what I consider a master on here. I didnt take a pic but with the new planer blades and tune up we ran some of that red oak we cut for jacks work table through for some legs on the reclaimed oak floor table. Boy was it gorgeous, going to be a shame to work on that work bench when its done!

21incher

Great job. I can't wait to see how the finish turns out. It is so simple and beautiful.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

clww

It's really great following your progress. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mmartone

We put the first and second coat of epoxy on the table late last night! I'm going to put an additional coat on this morning, trying to stay in the recoat window of 4-10 hours.

mmartone

Almost finished! We put 4 coats of table top epoxy top of this baby, just need to flip it and sand the drips off. Spent a bit of time getting bugs and brush hairs out, came out shiney.

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

samandothers

Neat idea!  Like the way you joined the cookies.

Thank You Sponsors!