iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bathroom upgrades

Started by wildbill, June 30, 2014, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbill

a few months ago Raider Bill and i started the bathroom rehab.  replaced the old steel tub with a new deep plastic one.  Then tiled from tub to ceiling.

since some things cannot be rushed i started on the other half of the bathroom upgrades this past weekend.  I pulled everything off the walls, patched nail/screw holes and painted the ceiling and walls.  since i made the towel hook holder thing from white oak a while back i figured i would continue with white oak.

This is what i have come up with so far:

my helper (sort of)

part of a new light fixture cover to replace the old fake chrome one

one of covers to hide the ceramic bulb holder thingie.  the metal spring thing fits inside nicely to keep everything tight and gives a little space between wood and ceramic fixture.

glue up of shelf for above the toilet

a very poor picture of the same shelf with teak oil finish.  evening sun shines right in the door of the shop.

everything will get a few coats of poly over the teak oil.  I have one more small shelf to make and then a new vanity.  after all that is done and a couple trim pieces are added the bathroom will be done.  should only have 6 more months to go :)

then on to the kitchen...
Raider Bill's favorite son

WDH

When I saw the thread title, a shiver ran down my spine.  This could be the reason for nightmares  :).

You are a brave man. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Now I see why Raider Bill said that you were needing some lumber.  Looking good.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wildbill

the hard part is done.  the tub side of the bathroom was stripped down to the studs.  since we only have 1 bathroom it had to be done quickly and in usable stages.  we had plastic sheeting shower walls for a week.

the part i am on now is the fun part.  since the old lady and my self are the customers i get to take my time and do it right...to the best of my abilities.

wildbill

finally installed one shelf:

the size and shape of the shelf is per the old lady.  i probably wouldn't have made shelves this small so deep but im building per what she wanted.

the main part of the light cover will be put up tonight also but no pix until i finish making the ceramic cover thingies

WDH

A man has to follow directions specifications.  Just think of all the stuff that you can put in there. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

that looks really nice! the shelf looks really good with the oil. we use teak oil as well on lots of projects. I like the finish it leaves.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Raider Bill

That's a beautiful grand Daughter I have!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

She must take after her momma's side of the family.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

LeeB

Ok, after her daddy's momma then.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Yep same place she got her attitude.  :D :D

Magicman

I agree on the "beauty".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Is that the wood you got from WDH?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wildbill

the light cover is but the shelves is made from left overs from a table i made a while back

Thank You Sponsors!