iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log chairs

Started by yukon cornelius, July 02, 2014, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

here is something else I made for a guy last week. I just modified my porch bench plans that I make. made them taller and narrower and a bit deeper. exactly the same, only different haha!  they were made with GREEN cedar logs. the kind tht drip on you as you peel them. the customer was really happy. I liked them too. I will add these to my "list O stuff" I make. let me know what you think.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Jeff

I like em! How did you secure the tenons?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

yukon cornelius

I drill the mortise half through the leg then drill through the center of the mortise with an 1/8" bit and 3" screw and glue them (gorilla glue). the screw is counter sunk and 3/8 dowel rod pegs the holes to hide them.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Excellent Yukon. Really, really nice.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

They look great and should last forever. Good job!
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

LeeB

I have considered doing the same, only using sticks for the seat slats. Might not be strong enough though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ozarkgem

Hey Larry where are you finding Cedar that white?  Looks pretty good.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

if we peel cedar that green its that white. these were peeled same day as they were cut. we use a paint scraper in these green ones and the bark can easily be peeled almost in one piece. also there is nearly no sanding necessary.

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on July 06, 2014, 12:10:42 AM
if we peel cedar that green its that white. these were peeled same day as they were cut. we use a paint scraper in these green ones and the bark can easily be peeled almost in one piece. also there is nearly no sanding necessary.
are you putting any finish on them?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

no finish on these. I don't know if any finish would work on anything this wet. a long time ago I tried oiling some greener logs and they turned yellow. once peeled cedar dries really fast.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

very cool! Would look great on my front porch!

Busy Beaver Lumber

very nice. Love those chairs
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!