iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New E-Classic owner

Started by ken999, December 13, 2009, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Logging, etc, etc.! ;)

Wow.  You went way back for that quote!  We haven't seen Mr suswapian around here for a while!

I must respectfully disagree with your "as long as it heats your house, who cares?" post.  I understand your sentiment, but know why the regs and restrictions have been applied.

There were many non-gassifying stoves out there, and neighbors started to complain.  The townships and municipalities turned to the Clean Air people at the EPA, who took measurements of the pollutants and the particulate matter near these older type stoves.  They found the air unsafe and worked with the manufacturers to create a less polluting product, hence, the EPA Phase 2 program for OWB's.

Now, if you have regs in place where you live, and if your neighbors complain, and if you can not show that an older type stove was installed before the regs took effect, they can make you remove the stove.  If your neighbors don't care, then no one will care, and you can burn however you please.  But cutting down on pollution can't be considered a bad thing, regardless of whether your neighbors are bothered or not.  Just my opinion, and not meant to be inflammatory.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Dean186

Quote from: doctorb on March 02, 2012, 04:56:15 PM
Logging, etc, etc.! ;)

Wow.  You went way back for that quote!  We haven't seen Mr suswapian around here for a while!

I must respectfully disagree with your "as long as it heats your house, who cares?" post.  I understand your sentiment, but know why the regs and restrictions have been applied.

There were many non-gassifying stoves out there, and neighbors started to complain.  The townships and municipalities turned to the Clean Air people at the EPA, who took measurements of the pollutants and the particulate matter near these older type stoves.  They found the air unsafe and worked with the manufacturers to create a less polluting product, hence, the EPA Phase 2 program for OWB's.

Now, if you have regs in place where you live, and if your neighbors complain, and if you can not show that an older type stove was installed before the regs took effect, they can make you remove the stove.  If your neighbors don't care, then no one will care, and you can burn however you please.  But cutting down on pollution can't be considered a bad thing, regardless of whether your neighbors are bothered or not.  Just my opinion, and not meant to be inflammatory.

Very well said doctorb!

Dean186

Thanks for the update Ken.  I am sure this post has and will continue to help many.

Dean

Thank You Sponsors!