iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log dog on B-20 timberking

Started by tallguy, December 03, 2009, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallguy

I am thinking that i am going toreplace my log dog on my B-20 timberking vary soon and am looking for advice. I like the way the WMs is hydraulic. Is there one the TB make or do I need to come up with one on my own? any help would be great.

Thanks Ryan

fstedy

TK does make a kit but I could not get them to send me info on it so I made my own. Its mounted on rails that parallel the dog screw and the original in and out function was used. I took a 1 1/2 ton arbor press and cut the rack and pinion assby off and mounted it in a bracket that rides on the parallel rails. The rack is driven with a hyd. motor and chain and sprockets. I think Ladylake also made one driven by an electric motor. I sure saves a lot of time.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ladylake

I'm running  mine up and down with a power window motor out of a Ford Taurus which has a gear on it and runs at a nice speed.  I made a rack and pinion out of 1/8" metal, cut the teeth on my chain saw grinder.  My still swings up and down with the screw and I had to add a little counter weight to offset the weight of the motor. A added benefit of the counter weight is I can see where the clamp is now when running it in and out. Now ED got me thinking again, if I changed things a little more I could just have the motor take the clamp down below the work surface , then the screw wouldn't need to flip it up and down.  Keep in mind with a electric one you'd  need a cord reel with at least 4 wires.  All B20 owners need to put a industrial cord reel on anyway to keep the setworks working like they should, mine works good all day, every day except for the occasional operator error .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

A hydraulic two plain clamp works well long cyl. in and out shorter HD cyl up and down,or the Piney woods clamp/turner.Once you start clamping with hydraulics you will seldome use your outher clamps.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

tallguy

Thanks for the help. I think that it is going to happen sooner then later my dog wont stay up for me at all any more  :-\and I have to have it working if I want to be even a little productive.

Thank You Sponsors!