iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut my first log today. Thanks for all the help getting my mill running.

Started by flatrock58, August 27, 2014, 10:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatrock58

Well I did a test run today and everything seems to be working OK.  Cut a 12' pine into 12 2 x 6 boards with a couple of 1 x 6's.  Had an issue with the first blade being dull but after changing the blade it went well. 
I got 25 blades from the previous owner.  He had sharpened them on the CBN sharpener but had not set the teeth.  I will have to figure out how to set up the BMT100 and set them correctly.  The manual I got from WM is not as clear as I had hoped.  Any clarity from someone with a BMT100 would help.
Thanks for all the help and advice ya'll have given me so for.

Steve
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

YellowHammer

That's great news, it's nice to hear of your success.   8)
Glad you got things working and especially the debarker calmed down.
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

autotomk

new to forum 2 nd post  will have to introduce my self when i figure out how   just wanted to say what an adventure you have started steve, and i do remember my first log in 1998. ive never looked back,  yes some evenings i think maybe i should have taken up kniting or something , but at it again the next morning.  looks like a real nice mill,  have fun tell some stories.

tom
To God be the glory.

bandmiller2

Good news Steve, start slow speed will come later. The habits you form now will follow you. I always check a log before I cut many times have discovered a nail or small stone lodged in the bark in the bands path. Get in the habit of checking your uprights before each cut, just takes a glance. Be sure to enjoy yourself mate. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!