iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 034 Super: wrap handle?

Started by firescout, November 07, 2015, 09:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firescout

New to the forum, here. My personal saw is a Stihl 034AV Super that I snagged (lightly-used), back in the late '90s. Since then, I've limbed, felled, and bucked a decent amount of wood with it in near-stock form (small muffler mod a year or so ago) and a 20" Rollomatic ES bar. I recently handled a larger full-wrap handlebar saw, and now would really like a full or 3/4 wrap handle for my 034S. I understand the 034/036/MS360 chassis takes the same handlebar, yes? How about the MS361? I've seen the Pro Safety full wrap bar for the 036 chassis, and also the Stihl 3/4 wrap on the 4- and 6- series saws. Madsen's used to sell a nice 3/4 bar for the mid-size Stihl made by an individual under the USA Handlebars name. Unfortunately, he no longer makes them.

I know I could just plunk down my $120+ bucks for a new Pro Safety handlebar, but I'd prefer the Stihl/USA Handlebars 3/4 wrap, if possible.

I'm seeking any info, leads, offers, etc so that my 034S can get a low-cost 'wrap' handlebar before next season.

Texas-Jim

The 034 and 036 will interchange but the ms wont. Let me rephrase that, the ms uses a different part number. Iv never tried to swap them.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

Thank You Sponsors!