iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm under House Arrest

Started by Tillaway, April 13, 2002, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

I done went and had a minor knee blowout last Wednesday.  I am not allowed to do much of anything since.

The work around the house is starting to stack up more than ever and all I can do sit on the couch and watch TV.  Oh Well.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Paul_H

Sorry to here about your knee.Will you need surgery,or rest?.Its hard not to get cranky when your laid up,like a kid sick at spring break. :( Hope you'll be posting more.

Paul
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Ouch...

Well, I guess this means you will have lots of time for us eh? ;)  Let me see what needs to be done..., How about adding some links to the directory, um, vacuum the leaf I.D. section, add some more links, add some comments to the photo gallery, add some more links, oh!

Seriously, hope you aint laid up to long, jeez, how will you run when California starts to slide off?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Take care of it Tillaway.  A few days of rest is a small price to pay for the rest of your life in pain.

I have been that route and some problems will heal, some need surgury.  The really good thing is that the doctors are getting to be pretty expert on knees.  It's kinda like getting a facelift........they really make it better.  Your approach is the best though.  

I like Jeff's recommendations........ ;D

RavioliKid

Be careful with your knees, Tillaway! Follow the doctor's orders.

Take care of your knees and your knees will take care of you! 8)
RavioliKid

Ron Scott

I know what you mean about those knees. One doesn't realize how fragile the knees are. I've had surgery on both of mine, no ACL in the left one. My son needs to have surgery on one of his now. These are from skiing injuries.

As Tom said, the doctor's do wonders with the arthriscopic surgerys now days.
~Ron

Tillaway

Thanks all.  It's not a bad injury, I should be back to work in a week or so.  It is just real frustrating to be stuck in the house.  This is my first real knee injury... I have been real careful to make it this long.  Fortunately I did this at work, if I did something worse than this on my own time then it would be a career ending.

Jeff, I'm jump right on it just as soon as I finish my taxes.  I can mess up a computer with the best of them. ;D

woodman

Just stay home and puck up the workmens comp.
Jim Cripanuk

CHARLIE

Sorry to hear about your knee. DanG near everyone I know has a bad knee or two.  They sure take a beatin' while we were growing up and then when we started working and lifting heavy stuff.  But, if anything will drive you back to work, it'll be daytime TV.  Best thing to do is turn on the radio, get a good book or get a pencil and paper to do some writing or drawing. :P :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

Tillaway,  It's that long frame yor made referance too, take shorter steps and alter your stride and count, your not an old dog that can't change. Take two Aspen and call me in the morning if it's not better and I'll prescribe something else ! ;)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Frank_Pender

Tillaway,

Sorry to hear of your injury.  There is nothing worse than being stove up for a while.  Just remember, we all get just one set of originals for the whole body.  Some parts can be replicated to a point but nothing like the factory made parts.  When you get back on the job, watch careful for any and all twisting and turning.   Taking an extra moment to turn around or lift something will pay in the end.  If you have to uses any sort of brace or such be diligent about it or you will be back before the daytime soaps. :'(
Frank Pender

timberbeast

I messed up my ACL myself some years back,  of all things,  from squatting over to pick up a gas can in an awkward position.  The pain kept me awake for the good part of a week,  and I had to drive with my left foot for gas and brake!  (the medication they prescribed gave me horrendous heartburn!).  Still gets sore on occasion,  but I seem to be careful about that knee without really thinking about it.  
Good luck,  rest it up!
Where the heck is my axe???

SwampDonkey

Climbing those mountains out your way is hard on the knees Tillaway. I injured mine on a mountain, climbing down hill. It would go out of position every once in awhile. It was weird because I could walk fine on pavement without much of a limp when it was swollen. As soon as I returned to the east and dryer weather my knee got much better and haven't had any problems for 6 years now. I was also to doctors with it when I worked out west , but they didn't do anything. Went to theropy for a couple weeks, that was kind of a farce. I think they didn't believe me. Well, that's what WC is like anyway. ::)  Oh well, better now.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Sunday at Church my daughter heard a contractor friend of mine was in the hospital with a knee injury.  I just roofed a house for him about three weeks ago.  I called him and he told me he had somehow gotten a staff infection in his knee.  Serious. They had already done surgery on it/. He had already been in the hospital a week and said he would probably get to come home one day this week.  He would have to stay off for at least another three weeks with an IV and antibotic therapy.  He said he hadn't cut or scratched his knee or anything like that.  I understand he's lucky he didn't loose his leg. He has a good crew so his work will continue, thankfully.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Tillaway

Knee is better, but since I am getting allot more office time my knees are getting weak in the joints since I have lost some muscle tone.  They woble a bit more now.  

The hills around here are a bit steep, try slopes over 70% as a norm.  The flat ground is about 40%. :o

Bruce_A

Do those bad knees facilitate fishing in any way?  Just a thought.

SwampDonkey

Tillaway:

I find sitting any amount of time and you go a bit stiff in the knees too. In winter when I'm not as active in the woods working I usually walk or snoe show on my woodlot or along the road. We only have 1 car an hour for traffic out here in the country. Nice to walk on a woodlot that's not hilly and gullied. :) I hear ya about the steep slopes, been there, done that. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tillaway

Bruce,
My knees certainly feel better when I am in the boat. ;D

Roxie

I am always amazed at how a week down can effect an active person's stamina.  It comes back pretty quickly...so hang in there, and I hope you feel better real soon!   :)
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!