iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Train plows thru snow here in NB Canada

Started by sbishop, February 06, 2015, 08:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

Talk about clearing the snow of the tracks....this is about an 1hr from my place...we have had our fare share of snow in the last few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yja2VmZOfdA

Sbishop

kevin19343

beenthere

Looks like the same one Swampdonkey posted. Running blind through most of it, and must be fun for the engineers to blast that snow away... and hope the train stays on the track.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kwendt

87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

coxy

that was neat     I think they should transport more goods by train  think it would be cheaper    what is the story on the caboose why are they on there that train had none

beenthere

Haven't seen a caboose on a train in a long time.
Years back they were required (seems I heard it was a Union thing or was a RR thing). Then that req. was dropped and the "conductor" who rode there was eliminated, maybe to help the RR get out of the red ink. IIRC
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kevin19343

Cabooses have been replaced with removable flashing lights. This device can detect any problems with the train and send a radio signal to the engine.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ljohnsaw

I half expected to see him rotate the camera around when the train had gone by to see his car full of snow because he was shooting out the window!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Don_Papenburg

The computer replaced the conductor and his caboose . plus the fact that the rail wants a full train too one destination . No need for the conductor or the brakeman/switcher.  Nomore stopping to drop a car or two at one spot and pic up three , then move on down the line for a couple more and drop one. too much work with little return. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

JohnG28

That's a little scary being almost every car of that train was a flammable tanker, probably crude oil.  :o I'd sort of thought they would have run a plow through that line first, would seem to make sense given that much snow. A little flashing light box that measures air pressure at the end of train replaced the caboose. And to my knowledge there is still a conductor on trains, no brake man any more. Engineer runs the train, conductor controls the trains movements/instructions and is in charge of the manifest, least as far as I know.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Skidder Kev

i have seen some shots of the side streets in moncton on the weather network.  the banks must be 6 feet high or more, it looks like a maze.  You guys just can't seem to get a break from the winter.

kev

Thank You Sponsors!