iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Therapy

Started by kenskip1, May 12, 2004, 11:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

Now most normal people in the outdoor enviroment spend their days of free time walking thru the woods.However mine are driving thru the woods  prior to a hard storm looking for a tree that has fallen in the line of my truck.This is an excellant opportunity to let my saws have their reign.Nothing like letting my 041 or 028 having their chance to run! If bad weather is in the forecast I have the perfect place to go. An ole road here in NY with plenty of hardwood limbs just waiting for the proper wind to make them fall directly in my path.I get out of my truck and saw them up and bring them home. My wife has a fit. I console her saying that I was safe and sound. plus, I have brought home some free firewood.My wife has seckond opinions. She thinks that I should be with her in a cozy enviroment, possibly sipping a vintage wine while the storm passes. Here is the anomly! Am I wrong in my finding of free wood to help us make it thru the winter?Does the sound and crackle of lightning hittting a tree make me nervious? She wants me to seek therapy for she is afraid that this may have become an addiction. I strongly disagree. Will the money spent on therapy be wasted?As I squish into my homestead  dripping wet she sends me to the showers. I have an appointment next Wednesday. Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Duane_Moore

:D :DNo therapy. just normal, spend the money on Gas for crusing., see there's a plan already,   Duh---Duane. ;D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Ianab

Your wife is right.. you are addicted. :D
This is however a perfectly normal thing  8)
Change your appointment to be at your local chainsaw dealer, he is far better qualified to help you than any other therapist, and will give you much better value for money :D

P.S. If you really want to wind up the Mrs then start leaving sawmill brochures laying around  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

travelr64

Sounds to me like you already have some good therapy.  Different strokes for different folks.  I used to have to go for a drive on the Harley for therapy.  Then it became a good horse ride.  These days, I enjoy going out and cutting wood.  Sounds to me like your wife could use a little therapy of her own.  I definitely wouldn't waste my time and money on a therapist.  That stuff is for people with dysfunctions, not hobbies. Of course, the therapist will want to keep you coming back, so he/she will probably side with your wife.

Good Luck
Coop
""Now look what you've gotten us into ! ! !

dozerdan

Ken
 My wife and 16 year old son tell me that I need therapy. They cant figure out why I would rather be in my shop porting saws then stay in the house with them. I look at this way, the saws don't talk back, I am normal, its just the rest of the world that is crazy.
 If my son catch's me kissing my wife. He shakes his head and arms and says that he needs therapy, therapy, therapy. LOL
Later
Dan
Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

archerR80RT

In my opinion, the therapists are the only ones that need therapy. They are the only ones that understand each other and what they are talking about. They need something like a couple of saws and a couple of good days work to set them strait. Besides, it doesn't seem like work when you enjoy it.  gary

Hunter

I like cutting as well but its still work. I have to decide, which day I am going to have fun and which day I am going to work.LOL
I get my wife upset alot, If I cant sleep or get up extra early and Im bored, I'll head out to the garrage and work on a chain and then have to test it. Those early morning runs with the EHP7900 dont sit to well with my wife.
 I think she wants me to build a bigger barn, so I can do it all inside.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

oldsaw

1) Break the saws out and play in the woods.

2) Fire up power tools and make or fix something that isn't a major appliance.

3) Turn on the hifi and spin some records, with a nice cold or lukewarm one (good beer/nice red wine/bourbon and 7), turn the lights out and watch the tubes glow.

None of them do I get to do regularly.  Then my wife wonders why I get "edgy".  I travel enough to get "stuff withdrawl"...the need to play with my stuff...all by myself, or with some like minded guy who likes to play with stuff too.  NO GURLS ALLOWED!!!  No talk of shopping unless tools or toys are involved, and no hormone swings.  

As my oldest son said when he was about 4..."therapy is expensive".  I have no idea where he got that one.  But, DanG, he was right.  But tool/toy therapy is more effective and cheaper in the long run.  Just remind her of that.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

tony_marks

they just a world o difference between men an women.. this is just one ofum.. would your wife buy any chance be an compulsive shopper as mine is..long as she got money and plastic,she dont need therapy.. same with me an my saws..

pbtree

The way I look at it is this: Therapists are nuts. For instance:

If you show up early to an appointment, you are anxious. ::)
If you show up on time, then you are compulsive. :P
If you show up late, you are hostile. >:(

In short, there is something wrong with everything anyone does, so why get yourself involved with a losing game with a shrink?

I say, drive the truck (that is what they are intended for), and bring lots of two stroke mix along for the ride just incase you get real lucky and find a huge downed tree...

Heck, your wife should be thanking her lucky stars that you are not out cruising the bars looking for women! 8)

kenskip1

I will run this by her. Trees in southern La?
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

rebocardo

In NH where many heat only by wood, some go out during the storm or the first minute the winds let up and go looking for free firewood. Basically if it makes it to the curb or street when it falls, its free. People scout out the leaners too I imagine. I know people even rush out for the road kill ... except maybe the skunks.

Thank You Sponsors!