iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back to the farm reunuion Booneville MO

Started by rbhunter, August 21, 2007, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

I am looking at going to the back to the farm reunion in Booneville MO Sept 6-9. It looks like it may be interesting with the steam power and horses and all. They also advertise lumber sawing.

Has anyone been to this and is it a good show?

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Bibbyman

Mary and I have made it up there in 2004.  We've attended other Old Thrashers Conventions in the area - Paris, MO and Motgomery City, MO.

Here is a link to a post I made about or vist to the one near Booneville in 2006.

How many sawyers does it take to turn one log?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

semologger

my better half is originally from boonville mo! she hasnt been to the show in a couple of years. but loved it as a kid when it was the steam engine show. they do lumber cutting, threshing, old tractors steam engines. mules team demos. it's always been a good show.  they have lots of tools for sale and farm toys.  my uncle has went for years and always has an old tractor display.  i know that it is growing every year the way my family talks about it.

rbhunter

Thanks for the replies. I am going to make plans for this year and my father is coming from Kansas to go also. It sounds like some fun.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!